For specific inquiries, email us at email@example.com.
Y Combinator is a startup fund based in Mountain View, CA. In 2005, Y Combinator developed a new model of startup funding. Twice a year they invest a small amount of money in a large number of startups. The startups move to Silicon Valley for 3 months, and the YC partners work closely with each company to get them into the best possible shape and refine their pitch to investors. Each batch culminates in Demo Day, when the startups present their companies to a carefully selected audience of investors. Y Combinator has invested in over 1,464 companies including Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Reddit, Instacart, Docker and Gusto. The combined valuation of YC companies is over $80B.
- Companies funded: (including Fellowship)
- Total valuation of all YC companies: $80B
- Total money raised by YC companies: Over $10B
- Number of YC companies worth more than $1B: 10
- Number of YC companies worth more than $100 million: 52