Marketplace-Operations Manager at 1build
About the role
Did you know that lumber prices outperformed Bitcoin last year?
Did you know that the construction industry spends $1.4T on materials annually yet all of that spending takes place offline?
Did you know that the best available data source for tracking construction prices is a physical catalog that's been published annually since 1945?
1build translates building blueprints into shopping lists of construction materials that can be purchased from local suppliers. Over the last 9 months, we've grown 13x in revenue and facilitated $1B+ in construction spending.
Our leadership team has backgrounds at Tesla, Uber, Bechtel, and CloudKitchens. 1build was recently featured on The Hustle, learn more about us here.
You will be a key part of 1build’s growth strategy and will be responsible for working at both strategic and tactical levels to help grow the company quickly and effectively.
We are looking for a Marketplace-Operations Manager to help optimize the systems and logistics we use to connect builders with our network of on-demand cost estimators. You will work with customers day to day to help ensure that they have a smooth experience with our service, as well as implement new systems which can improve customer satisfaction in the long run.
This is a unique opportunity to own a major part of the experience for customers and service partners as they interact and transact within the 1build platform.
The best candidates will be those who can be operational, tactical, and comfortable in communicating with external parties like estimates and customers, and who can also think quantitatively, using data to inform their day to day.
- Manage marketplace specific business operations & tools (eg. payments to estimators, portal admin tooling, etc.)
- Work with advanced estimate solutions & support for customers & estimators (eg. custom solutions for high value projects/customers)
- Work with product to implement experiments and new offerings (eg. bid leveling, multi-estimator projects, etc)
- Respond to routine questions, work with internal partners including account services management to resolve moderately complex customer issues, such as support on custom estimating methodologies & formatting
- You have 5+ years of experience in an operations or logistics role
- You have worked with cross-functional teams and partners and can drive a best-in-class customer service experience
- You are motivated to help our service partners find opportunity & success with 1build
- You are effective in relationship building and have excellent written/verbal communication
- You are personable and can get along well with diverse stakeholders like contractors and estimators
- You are a data-driven thinker with metrics being at the center of all of your decisions
- You are able to experiment & iterate on your work very quickly as you learn new things
- You are comfortable with data management tools like Google Sheets, Excel, etc
- You are comfortable with managing several projects at the same time, each with a specific scope/schedule/budget/quality-level
- You are a curious person who is open and interested to explore the construction technology space
Nice to Haves
- Experience at a technology-focused construction company is a major plus
- Experience with general contractors, subcontractors, or construction vendors
- Experience with software and/or marketplace companies
- Globally distributed team
- Competitive base + equity compensation plan
- Flexible PTO and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Free lunches every Wednesday
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Home office stipend and co-working allowance
- Competitive maternity/paternity leave
1build is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 1build is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. 1build is committed to creating an inclusive, safe work environment for all employees. All employment decisions at 1build are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. 1build will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. 1build encourages applicants of all ages. 1build also participates in E-Verify.
Why you should join 1build
We're a team that's committed to intellectual honesty. We help each other get better through open discussion and respectful feedback.
We are passionate about creating a world where beautiful buildings are designed and built by algorithms.