Product Support Specialist at 1build
About the role
Did you know that lumber prices outperformed Bitcoin last year?
Did you know that the construction industry spends $1.4T on materials annually yet all of that spend takes place offline?
Did you know that the best available data source for tracking construction prices is a physical catalogue that's been published annually since 1945?
1build translates building blueprints into shopping lists of construction materials that can be purchased from local suppliers. Over the last 9 months, we've grown 13x in revenue and facilitated $1B+ in construction spend.
Our leadership team has backgrounds at Tesla, Uber, Bechtel, and CloudKitchens. 1build was recently featured on The Hustle, learn more about us here: Link
You will be a key part of 1build’s growth strategy and will be responsible for working at both strategic and tactical levels to help grow the company quickly and effectively.
We are looking for a Product Support Specialist to provide real-time technical and logistical support to help our customer and service partners be successful on the 1build platform.
This role will be customer facing and focused on becoming a subject matter expert on the 1build platform. This will involve providing the technical support required by users of the platform to do their jobs (e.g: successfully building estimates). You’ll also help the team with creating the tools, systems, and processes to scale this product support for other members of the team.
- Develop your knowledge and expertise of the 1build platform to provide customers with expert advice and support while they work on estimates through the 1build platform
- Study customer feedback & other quality data to identify opportunities to drive more quality & efficiency within our customer support system
- Collaborate with internal partners such as product, software engineering, sales, and support to evolve our support system and improve customer satisfaction
- You have 1+ years of experience in a customer service, product support, or logistics role.
- You’re curious, interested, and motivated to help our customers be successful on the 1build platform
- You enjoy interacting with and building relationships with your customers and have strong written/verbal communication to support this
- You are a self-motivated, strong process-oriented thinker who can prioritize and manage complication logistics at volume
- Ability to experiment, while learning fast through feedback to iterate quickly on your work as you learn new things
- You possess the ability to ask the right questions in order to fully understand a customer issue
- You have finesse when it comes to explaining technical, and sometimes complex, issues to customers in terms they can understand
- Be a customer advocate by sharing product feedback internally (CS, Product, Engineering, etc.) to help improve the customer experience and product, while impacting the future roadmap
- You’re comfortable with traditional support ticketing tools such as Zendesk
A Bonus If You...
- You’re comfortable with data management tools like Google Sheets and Excel
- Have experience working within a construction and/or technology company
- A huge bonus if you are familiar with the pre-construction industry and the estimation process
1build is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 1build is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. 1build is committed to creating an inclusive, safe work environment for all employees. All employment decisions at 1build are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. 1build will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. 1build encourages applicants of all ages. 1build also participates in E-Verify.
Why you should join 1build
We're a team that's committed to intellectual honesty. We help each other get better through open discussion and respectful feedback.
We are passionate about creating a world where beautiful buildings are designed and built by algorithms.