Did you know that lumber prices are outperforming Bitcoin?
Did you know that the construction industry spends $1.4T on materials annually yet all of that spend takes place offline?
Did you know that the best available data source for tracking construction prices is a physical catalogue that's been published annually since 1945?
1build translates building blueprints into shopping lists of construction materials that can be purchased from local suppliers. Over the last 9 months, we've grown 13x in revenue and facilitated $1B+ in construction spend.
You'll be joining a leadership team with backgrounds at Tesla, Uber, and CloudKitchens. You will be a key part of 1build’s growth strategy and will be responsible for working both strategically and tactically to help grow the company.
1build was recently featured on The Hustle, learn more about us here: Link
- Building a category-defining Preconstruction product. Delivering value that improves the speed and accuracy of construction takeoffs and estimates making our partners exponentially more successful.
- Writing Product Requirements Documents (specifications).
- Creating testing plans, designing experiments, and performing hands-on testing of new features across the product portfolio.
- Compiling release notes for new features and communicating what's new to our base.
- Owning the roadmap and managing the product backlog for several product areas.
- Tracking engagement in FullStory and Heap Analytics
- Translating product requirements and bugs into tickets.
- Communicating clear requirements and success criteria to our Engineers, as well as providing context on the 'why'.
- Participating in agile scrum rituals including sprint planning and daily standups.
- Developing relationships with key customers and partners to create feedback loops and build empathy
- Supporting the Product team in defining quarterly objectives and long-term planning and strategy.
- Lead sprint planning, setting sprint goals, and building sprint backlogs (in conjunction with Engineering counterpart) for your area of responsibility.
- Assist with producing and defining product marketing and user documentation assets.
What you bring to 1build:
- You have an interest in Construction and are motivated to help builders find success.
- You have 4+ years in a product, ideally with some startup experience.
- You have deep expertise in one of these competency areas: user research, market strategy, or front-end development.
- You're curious.
- You're effective in written communication.
- You find enjoyment designing organizational systems and frameworks.
- You're comfortable working with data and letting it inform decisions.
- You are able to adapt your communication style to different audiences (stakeholders, customers, engineers, or using different mediums).
- You have a general understanding of engineering processes and how web applications function.
- You're able to adapt to changing priorities.
What we offer
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage with an option to buy additional coverage.
- Life insurance, long-term disability, and access to an FSA covered at no cost to you.
- The 1build team is fully remote, but if you want to work from an office, we’ll cover the cost of a co-working space.
- Enjoy flexible working hours and unlimited time off, in addition to 10 standard US Federal holidays.
- Every Tuesday lunch is on 1build. Order in a meal for our virtual all-hands meeting.
- Set up your office and maximize productivity—on us! Everyone receives $500 to design their office.
- We send everyone on our team a MacBook!
- Remote doesn’t mean disconnected. You’re invited to digital and in-person meet-ups because we like to have fun!
1build is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 1build is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. 1build is committed to creating an inclusive, safe work environment for all employees. All employment decisions at 1build are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. 1build will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. 1build encourages applicants of all ages.