Product Manager at 1build
About the role
Did you know that lumber prices have outperformed Bitcoin last year?
Did you know that the construction industry spends $1.4T on materials annually yet all of that spend takes place offline?
Did you know that the best available data source for tracking construction prices is a physical catalogue that's been published annually since 1945?
1build translates building blueprints into shopping lists of construction materials that can be purchased from local suppliers. Over the last 9 months, we've grown 13x in revenue and facilitated $1B+ in construction spend.
Our leadership team have backgrounds at Tesla, Uber, Bechtel, and CloudKitchens. You will be a key part of 1build’s growth strategy and will be responsible for working at both strategic and tactical levels to help grow the company quickly and effectively.
1build was recently featured on The Hustle, learn more about us here: Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfRdjqYTH8#t=29m05s)
- Building a category-defining Preconstruction product. Delivering value that improves the speed and accuracy of construction takeoffs and estimates making our partners exponentially more successful.
- Writing Product Requirements Documents (specifications).
- Creating testing plans, designing experiments, and performing hands-on testing of new features across the product portfolio.
- Compiling release notes for new features and communicating what's new to our base.
- Owning the roadmap and managing the product backlog for several product areas.
- Establishing product metrics for tracking engagement in FullStory (or similar tooling), and using qualitative/quantitative signals for feature validation.
- Translating product requirements and bugs into tickets.
- Communicating clear requirements and success criteria to our Engineers, as well as providing context on the ‘why’.
- Participating in agile scrum rituals including sprint planning and daily standups.
- Developing relationships with key customers and partners to create feedback loops and build empathy
- Supporting the Head of Product in defining quarterly objectives and long-term planning and strategy.
- Lead sprint planning, setting sprint goals, and building sprint backlogs (in conjunction with Engineering counterpart) for your area of responsibility.
- Assist with producing and defining product marketing and user documentation assets.
- You have an interest in Construction and are motivated to help builders find success.
- You have 3+ years in a product, research, or design role, ideally with some startup experience.
- You have deep expertise in one of these competency areas: user research, market strategy, or front-end development.
- You’re curious.
- You’re effective in written communication.
- You find enjoyment designing organizational systems and frameworks.
- You’re comfortable working with data and letting it inform decisions.
- You are able to adapt your communication style to different audiences (stakeholders, customers, engineers, or using different mediums).
- You have a general understanding of engineering processes and how web applications function.
- You’re able to adapt to changing priorities.
Benefits and Perks
- Globally distributed team
- Competitive base + equity compensation plan
- Flexible PTO and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Free lunches every Wednesday
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Home office stipend and co-working allowance
- Competitive maternity/paternity leave
1build is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 1build is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. 1build is committed to creating an inclusive, safe work environment for all employees. All employment decisions at 1build are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. 1build will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. 1build encourages applicants of all ages. 1build also participates in E-Verify.
Why you should join 1build
We're a team that's committed to intellectual honesty. We help each other get better through open discussion and respectful feedback.
We are passionate about creating a world where beautiful buildings are designed and built by algorithms.