Senior User Acquisition Manager
About the role
Who we are
A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We released our first game in 2009 and have been highly profitable and growing every year since. We are a bottom-up company with small teams that focus on ownership and data driven decision making. Our portfolio of games is growing and we are scaling our growth team to bring our games to even more players.
As a Senior User Acquisition Manager you will use your mobile marketing experience to grow our games through a variety of channels. You will define a high level user acquisition strategy to help us scale our two highly popular free-to-play original IP games, Kingdoms of Heckfire and Party in my Dorm and new games in development. These games have passionate communities and appeal to vastly different audiences. You will constantly evaluate a variety of measurable aspects of marketing campaigns to maximize our marketing ROI.
Our growth team consists of artists, analysts and engineers who collaboratively create new ways to grow our games across multiple channels. As a performance marketing team we execute on a high volume of creatively diverse content, and continue to experiment with different marketing strategies. The team is very data focused and have built a suite of marketing tools based on our internal data pipeline and BI system and have the full support of an internal Data Science team.
Things you will work on
- Define how we measure success - establish benchmarks and criteria to evaluate campaign performance
- Use your experience and knowledge to define a high level UA strategy that makes use of the different mobile advertising networks
- Allocate budgets across different networks according to your defined strategy and explore new networks on an ongoing basis
- Use your big picture thinking to tackle new problems such as localization, entering new markets and exploring new networks
- Work closely with the marketing art team to optimize creative concepts
- Communicate with game teams to propose potential product improvements that could impact growth and re-engagement
- Define and adapt audience targeting strategies across different channels
Who you are
You are someone with an analytical mindset that loves digging deep into data. You are equally excited about sharing your knowledge and mentoring other people on your team. You are driven by curiosity and results which enables you to continuously explore new opportunities for growth.
The primary qualifications we’re looking for are
- You have deep knowledge of the mobile advertising space
- You are experienced in digital / marketing analytics and performance marketing
- You are experienced in working with mobile advertising channels, most importantly Facebook and Google UAC
- You are experienced in analyzing conversion rates, retention and other common KPIs
- You are a creative problem solver
- You are able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- You must be comfortable with uncertainty and incremental change
- You have a deep interest in mobile gaming
Other things that help are
- Have experience managing a team
- Have a background or degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or related field
We have committed to a remote first approach for 2021 with access to in-person collaboration spaces in Vancouver when safe to do so. Our intention is to use 2021 as the foundational year to develop our remote excellence and help shape the future of ATA. This means our roles are currently open to candidates who can work in Canada between the core hours of 11am - 4pm PST. We are open to help relocate the successful candidate to Canada.
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. Please consider applying even if you don't meet every qualification. Experience comes in many forms and we value adding diverse perspectives to our teams.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.
Why you should join A Thinking Ape
Mission: We build communities.
Surrounded by mountains and water in beautiful Vancouver, BC, we are smart people who like smart people. We create mobile games with a social core that engage players and provoke us with creative new problems.
When we set out to make great games with massive online communities, we knew that we first had to create the ideal environment for building ambitious things. A place where brilliant and inspiring people could come together and build games that make millions of players happy. We realized that we needed to find incredibly talented people and get out of their way. Since then we've paid careful attention to how we like to work together. This is a brief summary of our guiding principles:
OWNERSHIP: We take complete ownership of our work and act in the best interests of the company. We’re the type of people who care - a lot. It’s never “not my job.”
HAVE WONDERFUL ARGUMENTS: We’re comfortable thinking deeply about important issues, and care enough to respectfully challenge decisions when we disagree. Mutual respect and checked egos allow for productive debate and better outcomes than any we would have achieved individually.
*THE BEST IDEAS WIN: *We want everyone involved in problem-solving, regardless of their position. We frequently seek feedback from each other and our players in order to challenge our assumptions, and make data-driven decisions when possible.
KEEP GROWING: We’re always building and improving on our skills and processes. We understand that when we learn, we see exponential improvement in ourselves, our products and our company. We’re never finished learning.
Together our values and mission are the driving force for why ATA exists and how we operate as a team. These cultural foundations are embedded in everything we do, especially in how we hire. We aim to hire people who share our values, believe in building communities and can add to our culture.