Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Activeloop
About the role
We are looking for our first senior infrastructure engineer to build the managed version of Activeloop Hub (https://github.com/activeloopai/hub). It is an open-source unstructured dataset management tool for large scale Machine Learning workloads. Hub has been trending #2 across all open-source software and #1 in python language. It has been growing 77% MoM. We are building Data 2.0 for Software 2.0.
- [Preferred] Experience with building distributed systems, understanding edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementation tradeoffs.
- [Preferred] Extensive experience with cloud systems (AWS/GCP/Azure) including knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, * CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI or similar), infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform/Cloud Formation)
- Ability to pick the best tool for the job and integrate an array of technologies into a reliable High Performance Computing solution.
- [bonus] Data Streaming and Storage/File systems (Object Store, NFS)
- [bonus] Have strong programming and scripting skills - Python, Ruby and/or Go
We also expect you to:
- We expect the person to grow to a team lead role and be eventually responsible for all technical aspects of the SRE function.
- To join a highly motivated, curious, hardworking explorers in the field of AI
- Have a builder attitude - you love building cool things that matter!
- Work closely with the founding team in developing hyper-scalable software for ML.
- Proactively identify and anticipate problems and provide tangible solutions.
- Enjoy and be ready for the startup journey towards building endurable, scalable business.
Why you should join Activeloop
Activeloop is building the data store for AI. We provide a simple API for creating, storing, versioning, and collaborating on AI datasets of any size. With Activeloop's open-core stack, you can rapidly transform and stream data while training models at scale. In addition, you can instantly explore and visualize datasets for AI. Activeloop Hub is one of the fastest-growing libraries on GitHub, and is used by Google, Waymo, Red Cross and others.
Activeloop is founded by a team from Princeton, Stanford, Google, Tesla, Equinix employees. We are backed by Y Combinator and other prominent investors from Silicon Valley.