DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer at AgileMD
About the role
At AgileMD, we are building the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms platform for hospitals. Our cloud-based engine helps thousands of doctors and nurses around the country make medical decisions, so that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data. We make a meaningful, measurable impact on patient outcomes every day.
We are hiring a DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer fluent in AWS and cloud technologies to join our Engineering team - the team responsible for ensuring that AgileMD has high availability, low latency, and tight security. We routinely square off to the biggest challenges in healthcare and engineering while building a reliable, scalable platform for medical recommendations based on high-volume patient data in real-time.
In this role you will be responsible for the infrastructure behind AgileMD. You will build automated processes to deploy code faster, safer, and more securely. You will build and expand a highly resilient and scalable architecture spanning multiple regions and many AWS services. You will be fluent in the requirements for keeping health data safe and proactive in guarding against malevolent actors. The person who fills this role will fundamentally influence the future infrastructure of the company. You must be excited and prepared for this responsibility. We are looking for big-thinkers who get things done, know security standards from back to front, and revel in seemingly insurmountable challenges.
- AWS (EKS, VPC, S3, Kinesis, SQS, ElasticSearch Service, ELB/NLB etc) managed by Terraform
- EC2 Linux (primarily CentOS and Ubuntu)
- RDS Aurora PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes + Docker + Helm
- Github Actions
- Prometheus + Grafana + AlertManager + PagerDuty
- Build and expand infrastructure in a code-driven, automated fashion (Terraform, AWS)
- Improve and build out CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions)
- Debug production issues across multiple services and levels of the stack.
- Use container orchestration and monitoring tools to automatically scale out services that are secure and observable (Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Debug hard to trace networking issues using a deep knowledge of Unix tooling.
- Work with our engineering and data teams in provisioning and managing the AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes deployments they need.
- Manage ambiguity and seek out the information you need to make informed decisions
- Proactively work to secure every bit of our infrastructure in a way we can observe and prove.
- Work with firewalls, VPNs, routing, load balancing, DNS to ensure traffic gets where it should go, securely.
- A thorough understanding of HIPAA with AWS is a plus, the ability to gain this understanding is a must
Who you are
- You are an experienced DevOps engineer who cares deeply about code quality, understandability, maintainability, and scalability.
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a Linux-based DevOps role
- You are excited about providing services that deeply affect and influence healthcare
- You are a self-starter. You actively seek out problems to solve.
- You have AWS cloud management experience
- You are security minded, and know the security implications of every decision you make
- You are extremely proficient with the Unix command line, shell scripting, and configuring systems monitoring tools
- You have a deep knowledge of all things networking: TCP / IP, ICMP, SSH, DNS, HTTP, SSL / TLS
- You have a strong desire and ability to learn quickly
- You could give a presentation on the importance of database reliability and how to achieve it, as well as strengths and weaknesses of different databases
- You have fought fires at scale, wrestled with lost instances on AWS, and can troubleshoot processes and servers gone awry with your eyes closed
- You know at least one language well, and enjoy writing code
- You have a deep knowledge of the container ecosystem
- Work with a team that you can rely on, that constantly challenges you and that gives the tools to succeed and the responsibility to prove that you can.
- $110,000 - $180,000, 0.2% - 0.5% equity (depending on experience and existing skills)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid time off (6 holidays plus as much vacation as you need; most people take three or four weeks per year)
- Maternity/paternity leave (10 weeks at 100% salary, 10 weeks at 50% salary)
- $500 per quarter for self-directed personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.)
Why you should join AgileMD
At AgileMD, we are building the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms platform for hospitals. Our cloud-based engine supports and empowers the medical decisions of thousands of physicians across hospitals and clinics around the country, so that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
AgileMD is headquartered in San Francisco, California.