Head of Product Marketing at Airbyte
About the role
Airbyte is the upcoming open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs. Within just 12 months, we've built 100+ connectors and we've had 4,000+ companies syncing data with us.
We're backed by some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
As the head of product marketing, you will work closely with both co-founders, and will play a key role in planning and executing the product marketing strategy for Airbyte’s product-led growth motion. This person will create positioning & messaging for product launches, campaigns & programs; create content for digital media, websites, collateral, presentations & sales tools; create and deliver presentations at industry & analyst events and partner & customer briefings. This is a unique opportunity to build out the product marketing organization and grow it.
What You’ll Do:
- Help identify target markets, refine our ICP and user segments for Airbyte’s use cases and solutions.
- Develop and execute website enhancement projects and continuously optimize our site to support marketing campaigns and programs for Airbyte’s product-led growth motion.
- Develop messaging and positioning for Airbyte. Create positioning guides, messaging pillars, solution briefs and other enablement materials.
- Become an expert on our customers, industry and category trends and the players in the Data Integration space through detailed analysis of competitors and customer problems.
- Oversee product launches and releases, including the creation and completion of all material for internal and external use.
- Work hand in hand with our content strategist on our content strategy.
- Partner closely with sales leadership to create enablement materials. Build enablement discipline and key assets such as pitch decks, battlecards and discovery questionnaires.
- Build, train and nurture your team. Provide mentorship, management and support to your rapidly growing team of product marketers.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B and dev tool product marketingObsessive about understanding our customers and their challenges.
- Collaborative and supportive while working.
- Able to prioritize ruthlessly. You possess the ability to work on multiple projects while focusing the right level of effort on each.
- Passionate about understanding and explaining your products, especially through the written word.
- Very strong with written communication (writing samples required).
- Skilled at editing. Able to make the original source clear and concise.
- You share our values
Remote but on US time zones.
Flexible work environment as fully remote - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We trust you, it’s the only way remote can actually work.
Unlimited vacation policy with mandatory minimum time off - so you can fit work around your life.
Co-working space stipend - we provide everyone with $200/month to use on a coworking space of their choice, if any.
Parental leave (for both parents, after one year spent with the company) - so those raising families can do so while still working for us.
Open book policy - we reimburse books that employees want to purchase for their professional and career development.
Continuous learning / training policy - we sponsor the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
Health insurance for those from countries that do not provide this freely. Through Savvy in the US, which means you can choose the insurance you want and will receive a stipend from the company.
401k for the US employees.
Sponsored visas for those who need them
We'll give you a corporate card for expenses. Our philosophy is Freedom & Responsibiility. We trust you, just do what's best for the company.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.
Why you should join Airbyte
Airbyte is an open-source data integration engine that syncs data from applications, APIs & databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations.