Senior Software Engineer, Connectors at Airbyte
About the role
Airbyte is the upcoming open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs. Within just 12 months, we've built 100+ connectors and we've had 4,000+ companies syncing data with us.
We're backed by some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
Airbyte is on a mission to make data accessible to anyone with a web browser or terminal. To this end, we’re currently focused on enabling building highly reliable connectors with minimal effort and zero incidental complexity, Exposing a large catalog of high quality connectors, and Cultivating an open source community of connector developers.
We are passionate about data, open source, our community and scale!
What You'll Do:
- Identify & lead projects to multiply developers’ leverage: a week-long task this year should be a ten minute process next year
- Pioneer the creation of new patterns, tools, and frameworks for building connectors
- Build new source & destination connectors
- Embed or rotate into the platform teams to execute on cross-cutting projects
- Drive and participate in major architectural initiatives
- Engage with our community on Slack, pull requests, or events to cultivate and serve a thriving community
- Put the user front and center when delivering projects
- Contribute to and help shape the connectors team’s roadmap
What You'll Need:
- A user-centric approach to building products and developer tools
- You enjoy building abstractions & tools which multiply output
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience working in data engineering, analysis, or data science
- Proficiency in either Python or Java (proficient in both? Hit the apply button)
- Non-zero experience with Docker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excitement for working with an open source community
- Belief in our values
Flexible work environment as fully remote - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We trust you, it’s the only way remote can actually work.
Unlimited vacation policy with mandatory minimum time off - so you can fit work around your life.
Co-working space stipend - we provide everyone with $200/month to use on a coworking space of their choice, if any.
Parental leave (for both parents, after one year spent with the company) - so those raising families can do so while still working for us.
Open book policy - we reimburse books that employees want to purchase for their professional and career development.
Continuous learning / training policy - we sponsor the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
Health insurance for those from countries that do not provide this freely. Through Savvy in the US, which means you can choose the insurance you want and will receive a stipend from the company.
401k for the US employees.
Sponsored visas for those who need them
We'll give you a corporate card for expenses. Our philosophy is Freedom & Responsibiility. We trust you, just do what's best for the company.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.
Why you should join Airbyte
Airbyte is an open-source data integration engine that syncs data from applications, APIs & databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations.