Founding Designer 🎨 at Alchemy Commerce
About the role
About the Role
Alchemy Commerce is building the no-code development platform for online commerce —
You should talk to us if you want to do more than just wire-framing stuff so that engineers can turn your work into code. You’ll be creating the components, design language, and workflows to empower 15M businesses, design studios, and dev shops to build for e-commerce.
Building for e-commerce today is slow, complicated, and expensive. Teams have amazing ideas on how to tell the story of their products online, but are still reliant on developers to make the changes.
Our vision is to change how brands sell and build relationships online. We believe two things — (1) The future of online commerce is all about content and great user experiences (2) low-code development will empower to a new generation of creators
Design is the one of the most important things to us, and we are willing to compensate top dollar + equity to make sure our user experience is literally #1 in the world
- Being a critical part of design, product, and technical roadmap
- Talk to users and customers, and connecting with fellow designers in the D2C space on best practices and common workflows
- Create and collaborate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Having complete design and UX control of of everything from our editor to landing pages
- Speaking out when you see something you disagree with
- Hopefully having a blast working with us 😇
Looking for someone who
- Is experienced with using Figma, Sketch, or equivalent
- Has 3+ years of designing user experience for web (doesn't have to be professional if you can show the work)
- Can collaborate and communicate effectively with our team and our customers
- Is self-motivated and can roll with the punches in a fast-paced environment where priorities and requirements may change frequently
- Is 100% product and customer obsessed
Bonus points if you have
- Know a bit about code and have past experience working with engineers
- Have a background using great no-code tools like Webflow, Squarespace, etc
- Have a portfolio we can take a look at!
- Preference for someone US-based, and ideally San Francisco or New York
Why you should join Alchemy Commerce
Alchemy Commerce is building the next-generation visual development platform for e-commerce. Building for e-commerce today is slow, complicated, and expensive. Alchemy is making a big bet on two hypotheses — 1) the future of online commerce is predicated on content everywhere 2) the future of software development is low-code.
Our current product is a high-performance drag-and-drop visual editor built with one purpose — to empower teams to build and manage their entire online storefront without code. It’s powered by a super-flexible content management system that integrates with our commerce API and enables bindings to data from 3rd-party platforms, including product, subscription, and user-defined data.
Our founders have worked together for 10+ years and previously held principal engineer + management roles at companies like Uber, Plangrid, Autodesk, and Yelp. Alchemy is backed by YCombinator and a rock-solid group of investors in the e-commerce enablement space.