Founding Engineer (Web, React/NextJS) at Alchemy Commerce
About the role
Alchemy Commerce is building the no-code development platform for online commerce.
Building for e-commerce today is slow, complicated, and expensive. Our mission change how brands sell and build relationships online. We believe two things: the future of online commerce is all about UX/content, and low-code development will empower to a new generation of creators.
- Be a critical part of technical and product roadmap for our no-code storefront development platform
- Build products across our stack (using React, Typescript, and more) that enable our customers to build differentiated shopping experiences online
- Collaborate directly with our founders and customers to ship stable, maintainable code while iterating as fast as possible
- Hopefully have a blast working with us 😇
Looking for someone who...
- Has 5+ years of experience building performant frontend web applications
- Has a very product and customer focused mindset
- Has prior experience in NextJS (the founder of NextJS/Vercel is one of our investors)
- Understands the value of writing clean, maintainable software, including documentation
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and defining software architecture patterns to solve customer pain points
- Is self-driven and can roll with the punches in a fast-paced environment where priorities and requirements may change frequently
Bonus points if you have...
- Not wasted hours interview-prepping on Leetcode 😭
- Worked at or founded an early-stage startup previously
- An eye for visual design (or past experience in product design, Figma, etc)
(Remote OK in United States, preference for somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York)
Why you should join Alchemy Commerce
Alchemy Commerce is building the next-generation visual development platform for e-commerce. Building for e-commerce today is slow, complicated, and expensive. Alchemy is making a big bet on two hypotheses — 1) the future of online commerce is predicated on content everywhere 2) the future of software development is low-code.
Our current product is a high-performance drag-and-drop visual editor built with one purpose — to empower teams to build and manage their entire online storefront without code. It’s powered by a super-flexible content management system that integrates with our commerce API and enables bindings to data from 3rd-party platforms, including product, subscription, and user-defined data.
Our founders have worked together for 10+ years and previously held principal engineer + management roles at companies like Uber, Plangrid, Autodesk, and Yelp. Alchemy is backed by YCombinator and a rock-solid group of investors in the e-commerce enablement space.