Quantitative Software Engineer at Algofi
About the role
We are looking for an elite problem solver to join our small team. You have an insatiable knack for solving difficult technical challenges and will stop at nothing to find the right solution. You have excelled in academia or otherwise have a demonstrable track record of your ability. You spend significant amounts of time ideating and designing your solutions before implementing them. You prefer quality over quantity.
Why join us? At Algofi, we're building the new financial system. Our work will reduce barriers to entry and promote democracy in the financial system. You will work in an collegial environment that encourages intellectual honesty and collaboration. Your work will make a significant impact very early on. As one of the earliest hires, you will grow into a leader at Algofi and have a material stake in the venture.
Contribute to the design and implementation of our DeFi protocols and backend architecture Help make data-driven decisions around our tokenomics and governance structure
- Bachelors - PhD in math, statistics, physics, computer science, electrical engineering, operations research or other highly-quantitative and analytical discipline
- Solid mathematical and analytical ability; exceptional problem-solving ability
- Strong research intuition
- Strong programming skills (Python, R, Matlab, C++)
- Excellent communication and collaborative white board skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, and innately driven to understand issues deeply
- Self-motivated and highly-productive, with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Able to work collaboratively and productively with others
- Enjoy solving complex, difficult problems
- Entrepreneurial and creative
Why you should join Algofi
Algofi is building a fast and low-cost lending market on the Algorand blockchain.
Building on Algorand enables < $0.01 transactions compared to ~$15 or more on other incumbent networks. These high costs and slow transactions make decentralized lending markets inaccessible to the majority of potential users, something we are working to change.
Our long term goals are quite ambitious. We aim to be the first crypto-native bank that bridges the gap between traditional and decentralized finance. The initial lending protocol will launch for users everywhere in Q4 of 2021, with additional fiat on- and off-ramp solutions, and more, forthcoming.
Read about us in the news here