We’re looking to build our founding sales team! You will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying and creating new opportunities, and running the full cycle to the finish line. You'll be instrumental in designing sales experiments and driving revenue. The ideal candidate is product-minded and creative, and not afraid of switching things up to find new angles to drive sales from.
Your primary objective will be to help us win in the market and take Alloy to the next level with new customers and logos, engaging with cold leads and high-tough engagements with our merchant and technology partner community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Revenue growth: Consistently hit your quarterly quota
- Contribute to your own pipeline: Generate opportunities alongside our BDR team. Everyone on the team is hands on with pipeline.
- Outbound strategy: Identify high-potential businesses, verticals and markets, and generate outbound campaigns segmented by user persona, use cases, & more
- Qualification: Move solid leads through the funnel and collaborate with Marketing to provide feedback and insights on how to improve, while tracking performance of your outbound efforts and update experiments
- Keep the ball moving: Develop and manage sales pipeline, while updating forecasts and tracking against KPIs
Build relationships: Build relationships with senior executives and decision makers across all types of B2B SaaS companies, and uncover needs through effective questioning to qualify interest and viability
- Educate: Consult customers on the value of Embedded throughout their adoption cycle, and model a wide range of use cases in which we can drive transformation, and help different types of buyers understand the ROI of integrations
Skills & experience we're excited by:
- Track record: 3+ years of full-cycle sales at fast growing tech startups in B2B SaaS (ideally early sales hire). We love folks with experience selling technical products.
- Complex sales cycles: Successfully led complex sales cycles with multiple technical buyers and personas, ideally in mid-market (minimum) or enterprise
- Technical acumen: Able to develop a strong understanding of customers’ tech stacks in order to then articulate the value of implementing Embedded and able to showcase product features, and speak to different use cases popular amongst our customer base.
- Organization: Maestro when it comes to customer and project management – super-organized and time-management is second nature, able to context-shift and pivot when working on several projects and priorities at the same time.
- Drive: Competitive attitude, bias toward action, love to dive in and get stuff done, and great energy that people gravitate toward.
- Scrappy builder: Come with a builder’s mentality and a willingness to become a product expert, paired with the ability to operate within gray zones and find creative, out-of-the-box solutions when faced with ambiguity
- Team player: Sales is a team sport. Come with a positive and open-minded attitude, able to help others before it’s asked and contribute to and collaborate with the team on projects. Iron sharpens iron after-all.
Why work with us?
- We’re growing quickly - We've raised $27M to date and anticipate growing to nearly 50+ people by end of 2023
- Have an impact - Each month, Alloy processes millions of workflows for thousands of customers around the world. We automate workflows for top companies like Amazon, Burberry, Murad, etc. You’ll work closely with our customers, providing best in class support.
- We’re diverse & distributed - We work remotely across 6 time zones, and our team is highly diverse from an age, gender, and background perspective. We move fast, but also find time to laugh, get to know more about each other's cultures and backgrounds, and show off our great (and horrible) cooking.
- We stay on top of trends - We’re power users of tools like Figma, Jira, & Notion, and also know a thing or two about memes.
- We build for our customers - We keep a good pulse on how our merchants are doing, and their problems, which is what allows us to discover new opportunities and areas for growth. We do this by running regular product feedback sessions, and engaging a dedicated customer community.
- We’re ambitious, like you - We’re relentlessly optimistic that we can build this crazy automation tool that will change the way millions of people work once they have their hands on it.
- We’re backed by the best - We count leading investors including a16z, Bain Capital, YC and the founders of brands like Rent the Runway & Italic, Attentive, ShipBob, & Webflow among backers.