Merchant Success Manager at Alloy Automation
About the role
As our first customer success hire, you'll be responsible for architecting and building the foundational processes on which the success organization will run. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with our top customers, and do critical work that will impact the thousands of end consumers that are affected by our merchants' day-to-day automations. You should be excited by the prospect of getting down and dirty with a somewhat technical (but no code) product like ours, as you'll be the one teaching the merchants how to use it, whether that be via Zoom or via documentation / collateral you produce.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the entire post-sales process, from starting a trial to closing the deal
- Talk with customers, understand their problems, and help them understand how Alloy can help them across use cases in fulfillments, marketing, loyalty, & more
- Demo and create Alloy workflows on the fly, answer technical questions about the platform's capabilities, & convince customers that this is the solution they've been missing
- Create technical content such as prebuilt recipes, documentation, tutorial videos, & anything else that can enable us to scale onboarding
- Handle technical customer support tickets, help overcome blockers for customers who are getting started with Alloy
- Check in with larger customers, understand their needs and goals, & upsell them on additional workflows
- Occasionally dive into codebase and add missing API endpoints to help close a deal; or work closely with an engineer on team to quick execute
Skills & experience we’re excited about
- 3+ years of B2B customer relationship / account management experience at SaaS companies (anything related to APIs or dev tools is a plus)
- Able to think on your feet, and solve problems during calls with technical customers
- Experience working in ecommerce, enough to provide consultative advice to merchants who are looking to improve their tech stack
- Ability to read 3rd party API documentation & understand what our automation platform is capable of
Why work with us?
- We are a team of 13, distributed internationally across 5 timezones. We're an incredibly diverse group, and this means we can learn a lot more than just skills from each other - we're always finding ways to share tidbits about our respective cultures, backgrounds, etc.
- We believe in having a life outside work (our team shares hobbies like photography and cooking), but when it comes down to it, we'll work weekends to make customers happy
- We run regular product feedback sessions and engage with our customer community through a dedicated Slack
- We are doing whatever it takes to make automation truly accessible to the masses
Why you should join Alloy Automation
Alloy Automation (YC W20) is a no-code automation platform for ecommerce brands. The company has raised $5M+ from Bain Capital and the founders of unicorns like Webflow, Shippo, & Attentive.