iOS Engineer at Alpaca
About the role
Alpaca is seeking an experienced iOS engineer to join our fast-growing company. We are a series A fintech startup that’s raised over $21M in funding. Alpaca builds an API for stock trading that enables developers across the world to build trading algos, applications, and brokerage services.
In this position, you will be responsible for architecting, developing and deploying our open-source mobile developer tools, including our mobile SDK and ever-growing library of UI components, as well as our forthcoming flagship mobile app, which offers stock trading and brokerage functionality to our customers.
- Work closely with our designers and product managers to ensure a beautiful, responsive experience for our mobile offerings, across all Apple devices.
- Contribute to developer-facing mobile SDKs, practicing judicious API design and upholding high standards of code quality and code coverage.
- Be an owner of our product and process; help us innovate by bringing your own ideas and creativity to the process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Apple devices and technologies
- Expert-level proficiency in Swift and UIKit
- Strong familiarity with the Xcode IDE and testing with XCTest
- Keen eye for detail and desire to craft pixel-perfect designs
- Self-starter with a mentality for ownership and self-sufficiency
- Passion in Alpaca’s goal
- Proficiency and experience with Objective-C
- Experience with other Apple platforms (in particular, macOS & watchOS)
- Expertise in building native bindings for cross-platform development tools (like React Native or Xamarin)
- Startup experience, particularly in high-autonomy environments
- Past work experience on one or more apps currently live in the App Store
- Experience shipping developer tools
- Experience building mobile apps in the fintech space
Why you should join Alpaca
Alpaca is a hyper growth financial technology company that is democratizing global access to financial markets starting with our API-first stock brokerage. In just two years, billions of dollars of securities are traded every month via our API and rapidly increasing.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage business specialists and backed by a group of well-capitalized investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Y Combinator as well as highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also very tech-enthusiastic with notable track records in open source and startup communities.