Technical Sales Engineer - East Coast / flexible
About the role
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient, and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception. Ambient's flagship solution has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Recently named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we’re achieving the impossible daily and we’d love to have you aboard this rocket ship. Join us!
Ambient.ai is looking for a Pre-Sales Enterprise System Engineer who strives to push boundaries and develop their career every single day.
We’re looking for experienced A-players with a thirst for fortune 500 logos. You’re a hardworking, driven individual with superb energy, passion, and initiative for new business acquisition and driving positive business outcomes through technology. You thrive on complex sales cycles that involve multiple stakeholders across a variety of business units.
The System Engineer role is a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Ambient.ai’s product solutions by delivering customer demonstrations, creating proposals, anchoring value and identifying use cases, developing BVA (Business Value Assessments), and explaining features and benefits to customers that drive positive business outcomes. The SE also acts as a voice of the customer and interfaces with the product and engineering teams to influence the roadmap.
As an early SE team member, you will also contribute to sales enablement and product marketing to grow customer-facing collateral with your field experience to help evangelize the solution.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and Engineering teams to influence roadmap, stay connected to the internal teams, and act as a voice of the customer.
- Execute Business Value Assessments / ROI calculations that anchor business value across stakeholders
- You will take ownership of an assigned territory focused on net new logo and upsell opportunities.
- Develop detailed project scope of work and defined success criteria
- You will demonstrate expertise in building business cases that clearly show value and differentiation at all levels of your customer / prospect organizations.
- You will win deals through world-class planning and preparation, as well as being consultative in your approach to solving real business problems.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- You show technical knowledge and consultative skills and the ability to work effectively and contribute to the extended team.
- You have a customer-first attitude, believe in working together as a team, and have a competitive spirit to win.
- 5+ years of experience evangelizing enterprise technology, with a focus on SaaS and disruptive cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of Enterprise SaaS sales and ARR deal mechanics
- Foundational networking knowledge
- Foundational Linux experience
- Market-competitive salary plus equity
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Catered lunches (3 days/week- when back in office)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team offsites
- Awesome coworkers and prime University Avenue office location
Why you should join Ambient.ai
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to endow agents with a human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
There’s work and there’s your life’s work. We are looking for people who believe in the transformational power of AI, have an insatiable desire to solve customer problems with delightful products and are ready to be a part of something much bigger than themselves to do their life’s work (firstname.lastname@example.org).