Software Engineer (Backend) at Angle Health
About the role
A Life-Changing Company
At Angle, we believe the healthcare system should be accessible, transparent, and easy to navigate. As a digital-first, data-driven health plan, we are replacing legacy systems with modern infrastructure to deliver our members the care they need when they need it. If you want to change the future of healthcare, we'd love for you to join us.
As an early engineer at Angle, you will be critical to the development and launch of our backend infrastructure and integrations. You are an engineer with Python backend development experience and want to learn how to build amazing software at record speeds. You're a mission-driven self-starter who's passionate about building APIs, designing data models, and innovating on algorithms. As a software engineer, you will be involved in and expected to eventually own the full product lifecycle from ideation to systems design to execution. You'll also collaborate closely with customers and non-technical counterparts to better understand customers' problems.
- Work directly with the CTO in architecting and building Angle's backend infrastructure
- Work with product owners & designers to build a scalable implementation process across multiple web products
- Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release, and support phases
- Build optimal backend applications that are performant at scale
- Work together with the product leadership to plan new features
- Oversee the compliance of applications with established quality standards
- Seek to understand the business strategy and needs of our users
- Inspire your colleagues with your thirst for mastering the things you work with
- Are a passionate developer, proud of the quality of your work
- Are an independent worker and self-starter
What We Value
- Strong engineering background in technical fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics
- Familiarity with data structures, CI/CD, software development lifecycles, backend frameworks, and other technical tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and Django, experience with Java is a plus
- Experience working with product managers
- Ability to collaborate with different types of individuals, both technical and non-technical
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player and deliver results in a remote cross-functional and cross-cultural working environment
- A desire to be part of the journey to change the face of healthcare.
Because We Value You
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Opportunity for rapid career progression
- Relocation assistance (if relocation is required)
Backed by a team of world class investors, we are a healthcare startup on a mission to make our health system more effective, accessible, and affordable to everyone. From running large hospitals and health plans to serving on federal healthcare advisory boards to solving the world's hardest problems at Palantir, our team has done it all. As part of this core group at Angle, you will have the right balance of support and autonomy to grow both personally and professionally, and the opportunity to own large parts of the business and scale with the company.
Angle Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Angle Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Why you should join Angle Health
At Angle Health, we're tackling the healthcare crisis at the point where our health system starts and stops: health insurance. By building a modern, technology-driven health plan, we are creating a customer-centric experience that gets our members the care they need when they need it. We're on a journey to making people healthier and we're starting with startups. If you want to be part of the future of healthcare, we'd love for you to join us.