Senior Project Manager at AON3D
About the role
AON3D is looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage a portfolio of strategic projects. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
You will be an integral part of AON3D’s growth as we work to scale the business. You will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives (and change) across the organization. This will include reviewing current processes and tools, preparing project proposals to improve them, and managing resulting projects through to completion in a highly efficient and effective manner.
You will be required to be hands on, proactive and direct, but also a pleasure to work with. In additional to general change management efforts, you will coach and assist colleagues in learning why various processes are necessary and important.
AON3D is more than an industrial 3D printer manufacturer: we offer the affordable advanced additive platform that unlocks more applications with the widest range of materials, as well as full-cycle solutions that get you from 3D model to final part.
Our Mission: To put affordable, accessible, advanced manufacturing capabilities in the hands of every organization.
Our Vision: To build products that companies rely on every day to tackle humanity’s toughest technical problems - saving the planet, saving lives, and exploring space.
Why Work at AON3D?
-Group insurance benefits, including life, medical, vision and dental
-Casual work environment with flexible, remote work culture
-Employee stock options
- Provide strategic, technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities that are consistent with business priorities.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities.
- Lead the generation of creative solutions to unblock project progress.
- Generate project progress reports and risk analyses for company executives.
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Lead by example and inspire others to be more effective in their roles.
- Work across the organization to achieve alignment, inspire change, and assure successful project outcomes.
- Coach colleagues and manage junior project management staff.
- 7+ years’ experience in project management.
- 2+ years’ experience managing a portfolio of projects in parallel.
- PMP or equivalent project management certification.
- Undergraduate technical degree (Engineering or Sciences).
- Demonstrated love of process (mapping, evaluation and development) and problem-solving.
- Strong communicator, listener, and influencer (bilingual English and French).
- Ability to maintain keen focus on goals without sacrificing empathy for project participants.
- Strong leader and motivator with proven ability to manage change.
- Love of rolling up your sleeves and diving deep when problems arise.
- Experience working in a startup company is a strong asset.
- Experience in manufacturing is a strong asset.
- Experience with ERP implementation is a strong asset.
Why you should join AON3D
AON3D is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to put industrial 3D printing capabilities into the hands of those who need it most. Our technology has made it 10 times cheaper than before to 3D print with advanced thermoplastics, and we continue to push the boundaries on commercializing new materials for 3D printing.
Our customers span the globe and are pioneers in the application of 3D printing in their field – from automotive tooling to aircraft interiors, foundry molds to public art installations, prosthetics to guides for radiation and surgical oncology.
AON3D is a graduate of Y-Combinator and venture-backed by top investors from Silicon Valley.