Principal Software Lead at AON3D
About the role
The Principal Software Lead's main responsibility will be to support and provide technical leadership to AON3D's Software team, including software management systems and integration with the low level hardware. We are looking for someone with a passion for coding, its modern best practices and the drive to guide and mentor the team.
As our inhouse technical expert, you will be called upon to design and develop systems and solutions to meet product requirements as well as create strategic roadmaps, driving priorities to meet various objectives. As the Principal Software Lead you will be working with all levels of seniority within the company as well as collaborate very closely with Product and Customer Success.
- Strong understanding of multiple programming languages and paradigms -specifically, C/C++ and Python must be well understood.
- Fundamental knowledge of “low level” systems programming paradigms (i.e. firmware programming)
- Experience with IoT or multi-site deployments such as on-premise SaaS service installations.
- Familiar and comfortable working on integrated hardware/software products
- Experience building and maintaining complex systems, both embedded and web service components
- Extremely strong and deep understanding of Linux, system security, and networking principles.
- 2+ years experience working as team lead
- Experience building a product from the ground up to completion is an asset
What we offer
- Competitive salary with advancement possibilities
- Flexible work schedule
- Benefits and insurance starting day 1
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Being part of a young and dynamic team in an innovative and disruptive industry
Why you should join AON3D
AON3D is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to put industrial 3D printing capabilities into the hands of those who need it most. Our technology has made it 10 times cheaper than before to 3D print with advanced thermoplastics, and we continue to push the boundaries on commercializing new materials for 3D printing.
Our customers span the globe and are pioneers in the application of 3D printing in their field – from automotive tooling to aircraft interiors, foundry molds to public art installations, prosthetics to guides for radiation and surgical oncology.
AON3D is a graduate of Y Combinator and venture-backed by top investors from Silicon Valley.