Additive Manufacturing with advanced materials
At AON3D, we build industrial 3D printing systems for high performance plastics & composites. The technology we're developing solves hard material science problems to make use of the thousands of known thermoplastic blends possible.
Today, AON3D serves hundreds of the world's most advanced engineering organizations in industries spanning aerospace, robotics, manufacturing, energy, education, and health care.
We think that the hardware is just a small piece of the 3d printing puzzle, and integrating materials data and polymer science with advanced software and geometry analysis is the path forwards! You won't just be building software in a vacuum - you'll be working hand-in-hand with a cross-disciplinary team to bring an advanced hardware product to life.
About the role
The Platform Team is AON3D's newest team, responsible for maintaining and delivering the AON3D Hub web application and associated backend systems which integrate with our machines and internal services. We’re looking for someone who is well-versed in web development, can take ownership of the product frontend, and help grow the frontend development team. You should have strong product and user experience sensibilities and enjoy working closely with product designers, product managers, backend engineers, and getting usage feedback from end-users!
What you'll do
The AON3D Hub is a greenfield product with lots of new features to be designed and code to be writen! On the Platform Team, we'll be taking ownership of all aspects of the product and be responsible for it's growth and success. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you'll be helping the product team design and spec out features and workflows, writing the code to bring features to life on screen, and monitoring usage and performance once deployed to production. Responsibilities for this role include:
* Creating and maintaining the Platform frontend
* Working with designers to ensure design and branding is consistent throughout the application and follows best practices
* Testing and validating UI and UX across multiple clients
* Helping spec out API and data requirements with product owners and backend developers
* Writing clear documentation for complex tools and interactions in the UI
* Monitoring web app performance and usage to find technical and usability issues
Our roadmap will adapt to the needs of the customer and the business as we ramp up this product, but here are a few of the projects we have in line today, to give you an idea of the types of work you might do:
* Establishing the common architecture and idioms used within the client codebase
* Creating a brand wide design system and React component library with the design team
* Adding telemetry and monitoring tools to the frontend webapp
* Creating a 3D model viewer and introspection tools with WebGL
* Implementing beautiful and dynamic visualizations for print and usage data collected from our machines
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the following requirements to be considered for the role and is interested in taking an active role in the product development lifecycle. Since this is a greenfield product, there's plenty of opportunity to make an large impact and help steer the long term development of both the product and team!
* Excellent communication skills and experience working with designers and product people
* Pixel-perfect CSS skills and attention to design detail - function still needs form!
* Experience creating and maintaining build systems and pipelines with modern frontend toolchains
* Familiarity with WebGL and 3D graphics an asset
* Comfortable jumping into web backends when needed to bridge API gaps and debug issues
* 5+ years experience building web applications
Please note that this role is only open to applicants located in either the United States or Canada.
What to expect after you submit your application:
We do our best to review and action all applications within 5 business days of receipt. Although we’d love to be able to speak with everyone that applies, due to the volume of applicants we receive and time constraints, only those selected to move forward will receive a follow-up.
AON3D is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
AON3D is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to put industrial 3D printing capabilities into the hands of those who need it most. Our technology has made it 10 times cheaper than before to 3D print with advanced thermoplastics, and we continue to push the boundaries on commercializing new materials for 3D printing.
Our customers span the globe and are pioneers in the application of 3D printing in their field – from automotive tooling to aircraft interiors, foundry molds to public art installations, prosthetics to guides for radiation and surgical oncology.
AON3D is a graduate of Y Combinator and venture-backed by top investors from Silicon Valley.