Director of Accounting
About the role
Have you ever wanted to build accounting teams and practices from the ground up? This is our first accounting hire at Apollo, reporting to our CFO.
This is an opportunity to build a high caliber accounting team for a hyper-growth start-up. At first you’ll need to be hands on as we scale, and learn what the best solutions are for Apollo. If you are a hands-on leader who can keep the ship flying while you hire and develop a great team, this will be a phenomenal opportunity for you.
A little about us - we're Apollo, an Andreessen Horowitz funded company. We’re the data graph company building the next generation of technology that will replace APIs. With millions of downloads per week of our open source products, we’re on an incredible trajectory.
Our technology is used in production by some of today's largest and most innovative brands, including Airbnb, Netflix, Expedia, Peloton, DoorDash, The New York Times, Zillow and many more.
What You'll Do
- Drive and manage financial annual audit and ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP (e.g. ASC 606, ASC 830, ASC 718)
- Own all accounting operations including month-end close process, billing and collection, and accounts payable process
- Proactively develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and accounting policies based on the needs of Apollo business operations and audit compliance
- Work with external agencies on all applicable local, State and Federal tax returns
- Help with corporate insurance needs and compliance
- Manage monthly and quarterly external reporting to upper management, investors and debt holders
- Evaluate and recommend accounting software and supporting database
- Hire and develop top talent to scale accounting team
- You’re a self starter and can thrive in a fast growing start up environment
- You have a track record of increasing responsibilities
- You have experience hiring a team (and effectively managing and developing that team)
- You have a proven ability to deliver quality work to meet or beat deadlines, with little direction and high integrity
- You have a deep understanding of Software Accounting (SAAS) and ASC 606 (Required)
- You’re familiar with widely adopted accounting systems, such as Netsuite, Blackline and etc.
- You have excellent communication and project management skills
- BONUS: CPA with Big 4 experience
This position can be done from anywhere in US Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zones.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
Why you should join Apollo
Apollo is a developer tools company focused on GraphQL. Our mission is to simplify app development by combining APIs, databases, and microservices into a single data graph that you can query with GraphQL. We are proud of our culture that encourages caring & inclusivity, supports distributed workers, and recruits people who have a history of delivering the highest caliber results.
We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Y Combinator, and individual investors