Developer Advocate - Production GraphQL
About the role
Developers rely on Apollo Studio and our open source tools to ship their data graphs reliably and fast, which is why understanding our community's needs are important for crafting an excellent Apollo developer experience. Every day, tens of thousands of developers worldwide rely on our blog posts, tutorials, and social channels to learn and engage with the Apollo platform. Your work will have a huge impact on how we help developers build apps with Apollo.
We're looking for a developer advocate to inspire and equip graph maintainers with the knowledge they need to be successful with Apollo Studio and our open-source tools. You'll accomplish that goal by working closely with the developer community to execute high-quality content and manage a global network of Apollo contributors. At Apollo, we value empathy and kindness, so you'll also be soliciting feedback from our community members to understand how we can solve their pain points.
What you'll do
- Create deployment workflows: Build and maintain software such as GitHub actions to teach relevant topics, such as DevOps, in a creative way to API developers
- Developer content: Craft high-quality blog posts, tutorials, videos, and conference talks for both first and third-party publications while measuring the effectiveness of your work
- Community leadership: Manage a global network of Apollo engineers by engaging contributors worldwide to champion Apollo and spread the word about our platform
- Product strategy: Influence product roadmap based on data-driven feedback from your interactions with the developer community
- Inspire developers: Understand the struggles developers face when developing modern apps and encourage developers to rally behind Apollo as a solution if it meets their needs
- You've worked as an engineer on a production data graph and you've experienced the pain points API developers face when writing, testing, and deploying GraphQL APIs. You can explain the value prop of GraphQL to API developers.
- You have a recently-updated public portfolio of work, this can be anything from blog posts, tutorials, live streams, videos, and open source contributions, that you're proud to share with the world. Please include links to your work in your application.
- You're passionate about growing and engaging inclusive developer communities. Through in-person and online channels, you meet developers where they are and actively listen to them to understand their perspectives.
- You enjoy teaching others about technology and you love celebrating their success when they learn something new.
- You measure the effectiveness of your work with concrete data, such as impressions, downloads, and NPS scores. - You're skilled at prioritizing opportunities that will have the most impact on your goals.
- You're comfortable traveling abroad to at least 1 conference per quarter to connect with Apollo developers at in-person events.
This position can be done from anywhere in US or EU time zones.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
Why you should join Apollo
Apollo is a developer tools company focused on GraphQL. Our mission is to simplify app development by combining APIs, databases, and microservices into a single data graph that you can query with GraphQL. We are proud of our culture that encourages caring & inclusivity, supports distributed workers, and recruits people who have a history of delivering the highest caliber results.
We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Y Combinator, and individual investors