Chief of Staff at AptDeco
About the role
At AptDeco, we are building a best in class furniture marketplace combined with a truly one of a kind logistics platform that optimizes for single furniture pick ups and deliveries. What makes AptDeco unique is our delivery logistics. Because we do not warehouse items, we rely on cutting edge scheduling and routing algorithms to pick up and deliver thousands of items every month. As AptDeco continues to grow and expand to new markets, it’s critical we leverage data to drive better business decisions along the way.
AptDeco is seeking a high-energy, organized, analytical, and motivated Chief of Staff to support our Co-Founders in a meaningful way. This role will touch most aspects of AptDeco’s business including Operations, Marketing, Product, and People, with a focus on solving problems that deliver on core business objectives. This person will improve and innovate on processes backed by data and insight.
The Chief of Staff will be entrusted to push projects and initiatives forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results across the business. This role will serve as an air traffic controller for the Co-Founders and Leadership Team, connecting work streams and linking the broader organization to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a startup and make an impact from Day One. Are you interested in changing the way people buy and sell used furniture? Here’s more information about the Chief of Staff role.
- Work directly with the Co-Founders and Leadership Team to develop OKRs, KPIs and understand what it takes to meet them
- Analyze large sets of data and information to identify business opportunities and operational weaknesses
- Develop reports to understand AptDeco’s marketplace supply and demand dynamics
- Forecast strategic labor planning and user demand
- Analyze marketing channel and geographic CAC, ROI to discover opportunities
- Create reporting and build upon data using our data visualization tool Looker
- Create and present weekly and monthly reports to highlight key findings and assessments to drive better business decisions
- Collaborate with the Operations and Leadership Team for weekly, monthly and annual projections for fleet, delivery team, supplies, gas, tolls, etc
- Deep dive into discrepancies regarding reality vs. forecast
- Plan and execute on strategic projects that have varying time horizons and scope
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting, investment banking, business intelligence, Chief of Staff, or strategy role.
- Excellent analytical skills including Excel and data management
- The ability to make the most complex things as simple as possible
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- SQL experience is a plus
- A team-player mentality and ability to collaborate cross functionally
- The desire to work in a startup environment – things can be ambiguous and move very quickly
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Laptop
- Annual AptDeco Credit
- & more in the works as we continue to grow!
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for everyone.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Why you should join AptDeco
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer managed marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. We are making the exchange of home decor easy for everyone. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving is already stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people.