We are Arda, a risk management platform for web3.
We are building a set of tools for web2 and web3 institutions to safely access web3, monitor the risks, and automate recovery.
We are backed by world-class investors including Y Combinator, Tribe Capital, PayPal, Picus Capital & Hashed. Pranay (CEO) and Ram (CTO) are the founders. We have combined experience of 20+ years of building fintech, crypto, and tech products for businesses & customers across the world at companies such as Cloud Kitchens, PayPal, TransferWise, and Amazon, among others.
We are looking for blockchain engineers who will help shape the tech, product, and culture of the company. We are a pre-product-market fit company, so expect things to move fast (not a cliche) and change directions as we twist and turn to get to P-M fit.
What to expect
The tech stack looks like the below (expect this to change as we scale):
- Typescript for APIs (REST and GraphQL)
- Kafka, Spark, and data warehouses for ML pipelines (spark on python/scala)
- Solidity + hardhat for smart contracts (in the future, rust, go and move)
- AWS & Terraform
- Full nodes
You can expect to do some or all of the following:
- Read through protocols’ whitepapers and smart contracts to derive metrics and analyze risks
- Write smart contracts to automate recovery for a wallet's positions in multiple positions
- Build clean, concise APIs for customer integration, along with the documentation
- Setup, run and maintain full and archive nodes across different chains
- Integrate with multiple partners like exchanges and custody providers
- Fool-proof security across the stack - encryption, hashing, privacy, VPC, etc.
- Infrastructure as code - build terraform scripts and ensure easy replication of the infra across different regions
- Research the top DeFi protocols to uncover better insights for our customers and evaluate their risk profiles, security, and historical returns
- Manage production deployments, logging, and monitoring
We expect you to be fairly comfortable with working with both web3 and web2 stacks. There is definitely a bunch of smart contracts we are building, but if you just want to write smart contracts, this job is not for you.
- Fully remote
- Documentation and transparency: Since we are fully async, we document everything (customer calls, partnership arrangements, design, tasks) and we expect you to do the same. We believe it's the only way to grow.
- Continuous 360 feedback: Everyone is expected to share constructive critical feedback with everyone else, including the founders.
- Product-minded: Everyone shares product ownership, so we expect everyone to do customer outreach, support, and talk to customers for feedback and new features.
- Doers over talkers: We spend time figuring out the right direction to take and then execute intensely. No one is too “senior” to do a job - the CTO will code every day, the CEO will sell every day and everyone takes care of customer support on a schedule. We understand the difference between real work and pretense.
- Humanity over everything else: We sell the product to businesses, but in reality, we sell it to real humans on the other side. Our end customers are consumers using the product integrated with our APIs, so we are building the world’s most human-centric company (no pun intended). Kindness is expected and empathy is the core value we’re looking for
- You have solid experience in working with one or more blockchains and the ability to understand blockchain and smart contract data and event logs,
- You have experience writing smart contracts in Solidity and deploying them,
- Understand the fundamentals of building and integrating APIs and secure systems
Pay and benefits
We offer a solid, competitive package (including early-stage equity) that is location agnostic. We give you the flexibility to choose the split between cash and equity.