Sales Engineer (Pre Sales)
About the role
We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So we’re building a platform to help software teams ship better software, faster. Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive. This helps companies innovate faster, and win.
Armory is a Series A startup backed by Y Combinator(W17), Bain Capital, Crosslink Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners. The founders have largely been doing“whiteboard selling” to date. We’ve found a formula that works very well, and we’re looking to expand our team with another Sales Engineer to help service the growing demand we’re seeing from the market.
You are a Sales Engineer that is highly technical and confident in front of customers. You are comfortable talking to all the different buyers we interact with, from C level management to the champions that help bring us into companies. You are obsessed with providing significant value to our customers and can find creative solutions to blockers to get the deal done.
Your role is to on-board new customers and prospects onto our platform by being the technical point of contact during sales calls, proof-of-concepts, and on-boarding. You will quickly establish credibility with Armory’s customers and guide them in focusing their developers on building software rather than worrying about deployment.
Do you have experience with some or most of the below? We'd love to talk!
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role or technical cloud pre-sales role
- DevOps expertise: 2+ years, including CI/CD with continuous testing and automation of containers
- Advanced hands-on experience with shifting companies from monoliths to the cloud: AWS as preferred experience, GCP and Azure experience highly valued
- Strong experience using tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, DockerHub and other products that sit in the software delivery lifecycle(SDLC)
- Able to on-board customers remotely or on-site(some travel may be required)
Does the following also describe you? Even better.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Blue/Green Deployments and Canary Deployments
- HUGE PLUS if you are familiar with OSS Spinnaker and are part of the Spinnaker community
At Armory, we work reasonable, flexible hours. We look for people who are thoughtful, can break down problems, work individually sometimes, and in pairs or teams at other times. You are trusted to work on your own but ask for help when you are blocked. Empathy for your coworkers and our customers is an important part of success here. As an early stage startup, most people wear many hats. We'll work with you to find the balance of what you want to do, what you are good at, and how that fits in with the company goals.
Armory is a Series B startup backed by Insight, Y Combinator (W17), Bain Capital, Crosslink Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners based in San Mateo, Ca. We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So we’re building a platform to help software teams ship better software, faster by commercializing Spinnaker (Netflix OSS), a next-gen immutable infrastructure CD platform that enables blue/green deploys, canaries & rollbacks.Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive. This helps companies innovate faster, and win.
Want to dig deeper?
• Take a peek at the perks & benefits of working at Armory: http://go.Armory.io/Awesome • More about Armory and our long-term vision: http://go.Armory.io/Manifesto • Check out our CEO’s Manifesto: http://go.Armory.io/CEO-Manifesto
- Full Time Only
- We will sponsor some visas
- Relocation Assistance Available
- San Mateo, Ca or remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply, be sure to let us know if you will require immigration sponsorship to work at Armory, now or in the future.
Why you should join Armory
Armory accelerates software deployment velocity through automation and safety ...while expediting 'time to value' and boosting developer efficiency.
As enterprises move from data centers into the cloud, break monoliths into microservices, and look to deploy workloads to the optimal multi-cloud target environment (and generally move faster, safely), they'll need Armory's enterprise Spinnaker distribution, which enables sophisticated multi-cloud deployment strategies that leverage advanced features like: 1-click rollbacks, automated canaries, certified deployment pipelines, automated load testing, SLA-driven rollouts/rollbacks, red/black deployments, chaos engineering and flexible deployment pipelines.