Cloud Alliances Manager, AWS
About the role
As a technology provider of cloud deployment solutions, Armory’s relationship with major cloud providers is critical to its GTM and product strategies. The Cloud Alliances Manager, AWS will be responsible for developing and supporting Armory's go-to-market efforts specifically for our AWS partnership.
The Cloud Alliances Manager, AWS, will be a member of Armory’s Strategic Partnerships team and will collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering functions in maximizing our relationship with AWS.
Traits You Possess
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written communication.
- You have good executive presence; you can command a room while presenting or discussing strategic ideas.
- You can build crisp, visually appealing slide decks that communicate Armory’s value to internal or external stakeholders.
- You build relationships easily with others and can do so over Zoom, Slack, and other forms of remote communication.
- You are a do-er; you get things done quickly and with high-quality, often in creative ways.
Ideal Work Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management.
- Strong relationships within AWS including at executive level
- Experience within Sales or Marketing functions at an enterprise SaaS company
- Experience enabling enterprise sales organizations, and programs such as solution selling
- Demonstrated track record of successful quota attainment in a sales and alliances role
- Expertise in DevOps, microservices, containers, serverless, cloud adoption and cloud migration, digital transformation.
- Familiarity with AWS primitives such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, etc
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- Co-develop a long-term vision and goals for our AWS partnership, owning both a strategic plan with cross-functional support across Armory, and relationships with stakeholders at AWS.
- Prepare QBR decks and other materials in collaboration with counterparts at AWS
- Maintain and nurture relationships with tactical and senior leaders at AWS to ensure that all parties are satisfied with progress against KPIs for our partnership
- Execute on go-to-market activities including field events, conferences, campaigns, and other programs to increase lead generation, account mapping and pipeline development
- Collaborate with Armory Marketing team to drive the creation and utilization of sales collateral as well as demand generation programs and campaigns that drive partner revenue
- Collaborate with Armory Sales team to educate, train, and enable sellers to leverage AWS marketplace and other resources to drive pipeline and revenue
- Build preference for Armory offerings within the AWS ecosystem by promoting Armory products with AWS advocates and with thought leadership and co-marketing materials
Why join Armory?
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Armory, our concept of diversity is broad. We understand that diversity comes in many forms and includes age, socioeconomic status, educational background, ethnic identity and national origin, marital and familial status, gender expression and identity, transgender status, disability status, religious affiliation, sex and sexual orientation, veteran status, neurodivergence, citizenship, and mental health status.
As we build a company that is both diverse and inclusive, we are also working on the way we communicate. There are challenges, stumbling blocks, and failings, but we are committed to learning and improving to make Armory a welcoming company. Here is a blog post from Armory’s CEO sharing his perspective of being an accomplice, and not just an ally in ensuring diversity and inclusion at Armory.
Armory is a Series C startup backed by B-Capital, Insight, Crosslink Capital, Y Combinator (W17), Bain Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners based in San Mateo, CA. We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So, we are building a platform that unlocks collaboration between your Dev, Sec, and Ops teams and tools, from Code to Cloud. Built on Spinnaker, our Policy-Driven Deployments enable you to innovate with speed & safety. Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive.
Why you should join Armory
Armory accelerates software deployment velocity through automation and safety ...while expediting 'time to value' and boosting developer efficiency.
As enterprises move from data centers into the cloud, break monoliths into microservices, and look to deploy workloads to the optimal multi-cloud target environment (and generally move faster, safely), they'll need Armory's enterprise Spinnaker distribution, which enables sophisticated multi-cloud deployment strategies that leverage advanced features like: 1-click rollbacks, automated canaries, certified deployment pipelines, automated load testing, SLA-driven rollouts/rollbacks, red/black deployments, chaos engineering and flexible deployment pipelines.