Senior Backend Engineer - E-Commerce Platforms at Arrow
About the role
Arrow is building the fastest checkout e-commerce in Southeast Asia. We allow online sellers to embed our checkout across any platform and collect payments in one-tap. We are a high-growth fintech startup, homegrown in Singapore and with global ambitions. Arrow is well funded by world-class angel investors and venture capitalists.
Get to know the team
Arrow Engineering works closely with stakeholders to help develop products that matter to our users. We’re responsible for making sure the Arrow products get shipped with the highest quality of work and on time. We are at an early stage, the team is lean and it’s a great chance for you to help drive decision-making and create outsized impact while experiencing life in a high-growth environment.
Get to know the role
Your primary responsibilities will revolve around developing, maintaining, and deployment of e-commerce plugins and modules natively across the various e-commerce platforms. These plugins will need to connect Arrow with the platform's native product, order, customer, and payment systems. You will also be responsible to optimise these solutions and integrate the merchant's services with Arrow.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Work with Arrow's API team to understand the integration process and requirements
- Build and improve plugins and modules for commerce platforms like WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify and BigCommerce
- Constantly upgrade our plugins and modules to remain updated with the latest changes from the e-commerce platforms
- Closely work with our sales and implementation teams on architecting appropriate solutions for merchants
- Hands-on support for deploying on to clients with complex site setup in cases where our e-commerce solution is not suitable
- Report directly to the CTO and will also be responsible for any other ad-hoc tasks as delegated by the CTO.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in backend development in PHP
- In-depth knowledge on building plugins/extensions of at least 2 of the following platforms
- Woocommerce (WordPress)
- Prior experience in building payment integration on any of the above platforms is preferred.
- Analytical and can be creative with data
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Highly motivated, innovative, and loves the thrill of being in a fast-paced environment while being able to multitask to meet deadlines
Why you should join Arrow
Arrow is the fastest checkout for consumers in South-East Asia that works across all platforms. Arrow was founded by the early team that launched and scaled GrabPay across the region to become the no.1 digital wallet.
We are a high growth fintech startup homegrown in Singapore with global ambitions. Join us!