Senior Backend Developer - Application at Arrow
About the role
Arrow is building the fastest checkout e-commerce in Southeast Asia. We allow online sellers to embed our checkout across any platform and collect payments in one-tap. We are a high-growth fintech startup, homegrown in Singapore and with global ambitions. Arrow is well funded by world-class angel investors and venture capitalists.
Get to know the team
Arrow Engineering works closely with stakeholders to help develop products that matter to our users. We’re responsible for making sure the Arrow products get shipped with the highest quality of work and on time. We are at an early stage, the team is lean and it’s a great chance for you to help drive decision-making and create outsized impact while experiencing life in a high-growth environment.
Get to know the role
You will be responsible for building web applications and tech solutions at scale to ensure a frictionless online purchasing experience for Arrow users.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Design, build and maintain Arrow's core functionalities across the stack with a focus on backend utilising Go (Golang) and Laravel (PHP)
- Build solutions that take into consideration issues of scaling and growth
- Work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system
- Ensure all components and libraries are reliable, scalable, secure, and extensible
- Evaluate product launch related use cases from a technical perspective
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Debug production issues across Arrow with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term
- Collaborate with our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our user's pain points
- Report directly to the CTO and will also be responsible for any other ad-hoc tasks as delegated by the CTO.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- In-depth knowledge on building reliable and scalable code on PHP and/or Go
- Experience in building large-scale solutions on Amazon Webservices
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, CloudFormation, and Container Services is preferred
- Prior experience with e-commerce and/or payments is preferred
- Analytical and can be creative with data
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Highly motivated, innovative, and loves the thrill of being in a fast-paced environment while being able to multitask to meet deadlines
Why you should join Arrow
Arrow is the fastest checkout for consumers in South-East Asia that works across all platforms. Arrow was founded by the early team that launched and scaled GrabPay across the region to become the no.1 digital wallet.
We are a high growth fintech startup homegrown in Singapore with global ambitions. Join us!