About the role
Arthena is on a mission to quantify the qualitative. We use machine learning and natural language processing to price art objectively, instantly, and accurately. Through this we develop and deploy a variety of financial instruments and strategies.
As a Data Engineer, you will build tools and infrastructure to gather, prepare, analyze, and visualize art market data. You’ll take ownership of the entire data pipeline, starting from data ingestion from the outside world, transformation of that information into actionable insights, and work closely with other software engineers, to design the interfaces that our data scientists and art experts use to understand the art market.
If you are excited about being at the forefront of emerging financial market trends and building products that are within a greenfield then we would love to hear from you!
Your Main Tasks
- Design and implement major tools (with Python, SQL, GCP) and infrastructure projects (API, schema design, etc).
- Collaborate with data science and operations to develop product roadmap
- Build out infrastructure, testing, data model validation, and data visualization systems
- Design scalable systems and making architectural decisions
- Task-monitoring, sprint planning, and excellent time management
Who you are
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or some equivalent
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- 2-3 years of developing production-grade ETL pipelines
- Intrinsic motivation and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a team
Proficiency with Python, SQL, NoSQL, distributed computing platforms such as GCP, AWS, etc.
Who we are
Arthena is a venture-backed investment and research firm that leverages quantitative-driven pricing to execute on a basket of strategies and financial products related to the art market. As leaders in pricing the $60B+ art market, we understand how important it is to be able to scale and invest in art in an automated fashion. We use our proprietary data to build a variety of financial products for the art market with a fast feedback loop, providing our clients with data-driven insights to help hedge against the underlying risk of this alternative asset class and make educated investment decisions.
Perks + Benefits
- Salary: $120K - $130K (Based on experience)
- Equity: 0.1% - 0.75%
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Snacks and team bonding events (Virtual and In-Person)
- Flexible scheduling and option for remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Arthena is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note: This is not an entry-level position. Please do not apply if you do not have a few years experience working as an engineer. No recent bootcamp grads.
Why you should join Arthena
Arthena is a YC ‘17 company that quantitatively analyzes, prices, and invests in art. We’re a small but growing team dedicated to helping people make data-driven decisions in the antiquated and inefficient art market.