Technical Writer at AstroForge
About the role
Ex Scientia unlocks humankind’s ability to explore, protect and care for our most precious resource: our global oceans.
We are developing, manufacturing, and operating a global fleet of low-cost autonomous underwater vehicles to instantly monitor the world's ocean data.
We are looking for a technical writer to help tell the story of Ex Sci and what the Omnia is capable of— backed by some of the planet’s most innovative technologists; we are looking for candidates driven to push the boundaries the unexplored.
Ex Scientia offers competitive benefits, including healthcare, dental and vision plans, and an employee equity incentive plan.
- Create and manage government-facing proposals, including SBIR’s, BAA, and other contracts.
- Craft cost proposals for commercial clients.
- Write detailed technical specifications of present and future vehicles and systems.
- Design external communication for both commercial and government-facing clients.
- 1+ Years of writing in a professional engineering environment.
- Experience creating, writing and submitting technical government proposals.
- College degree from an accreted university.
- Self-starter able to turn complex proposal requirements into proposals
- Powerful sense of ownership
- Ability to pivot quickly and adjust according to the needs of the business
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and mission milestones and deadlines
- Must be willing to travel 25%
Why you should join AstroForge
AstroForge is a deep space asteroid mining company based in Huntington Beach, California. The company was founded by Matt Gialich and Jose Acain, who have over a decade of experience working in aerospace at NASA, SpaceX, and Virgin Orbit. AstroForge plans to tap into the unlimited amount of resources that exist in space utilizing our small exploration and mining satellites capable of recovering large amounts of rare earth metals per mission.