We are creating the spending platform of the future — starting by building a modern charge card for young professionals that unlocks access to unique experiences. With our sleek design, cutting-edge tech, and world-class support, we’re changing how the new generation of professionals spend. We are backed by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures and Y Combinator — with over $50mm in funding.
We’re a lean team of 7 engineers with experience working on high-performance teams at startups and big co’s like Facebook, Shopify, and Apple. We prefer a small and scrappy team of highly talented individuals that love shipping code and are mission aligned. If you are passionate about design, fintech, and building - we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us working on our Charge Card platform. If this sounds interesting, please reach out!
Who we're looking for
Here at Point, we are making a high performance, high availability, fault tolerant stack for modern finance applications. Principal Software Engineers are expected to provide technical leadership-by-example and implementation guidance that sets the tone for the entire engineering team.
In this role, you will
- Design, architect and implement large chunks of our stack’s technology
- Guide your team members in navigating technical issues
- Provide technical guidance to business, design, and other nontechnical teams
- Set standards, levels and best practices for Point Engineering as a whole
- Advocate for technologies, systems, and ways of working to better empower our whole engineering organization
- 8+ years experience developing client/server software in a dynamically-typed languages (Node, Ruby, Python), statically-typed languages (Java, C, C++), or other modern environments (Go, Rust, Elixir, etc).
- 5+ years experience developing cloud-based software on AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and production-facing relational databases
- Strong experience optimizing & performance profiling server-side applications
- Good collaboration skills & the ability to work well with product, design, or other cross-functional teams
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using Java Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with data privacy & implementing application security best practices
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
APPLY HERE: https://boards.greenhouse.io/point/jobs/5290573003