Point is creating the next generation American Express by building a modern charge card focused on affluent young professionals. We’re doing this by applying modern technology and design to card payments.
We’ve raised over $80M from tier 1 investors including Peter Thiel’s Valar and Y-Combinator.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Head of Finance to join our specialized team to help launch our first charge card. The ideal person for this role is someone that has a passion for bridging all things strategic finance and product to help build robust and durable financial services product. This person will report directly to the CFO and be located in San Francisco or NYC.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end financial planning process, including owning the company operating model and individual department budgets
- Build the financial infrastructure to help the company effectively scale and manage it’s resources for the best possible ROI
- Work cross-functionally to help build robust financial and banking infrastructure underpinning our new flagship charge card product
- Help raise and manage debt/warehouse facilities to effectively manage liquidity needs for the charge card product
- Act as the point person for critical partner and vendor relationships, including our Bank Sponsor, Warehouse providers and more
- Bachelor’s degree from top university or equivalent practical experience, ideally business, economics and/or finance focused
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally with a mix of investment banking/management consulting experience as well as direct start-up or FinTech operating experience
- Excellent financial modeling and planning skills, with an amazing ability to turn unstructured data and insights into strong quantitative financial strategies
- A great understanding and experience with both equity and debit capital markets, ideally with direct experience raising warehouse and other debt facilities for receivables financing
- Solid treasury and accounting skills to help manage those areas until the respective teams are built out further
- A lean and highly ambitious team working on a $150b opportunity
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexibility. We close down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday