Customer Onboarding Specialist at AtoB
About the role
AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation -- fixing the payments infrastructure in the trucking industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup working in a huge industry with over a trillion dollars in transaction flow. Trucking is the backbone of the American economy and we have identified opportunities to replace the broken payments infrastructure & help small businesses.
We have raised over $25 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Mark Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and ESG funds such as Climate Capital, Human Capital, Leadout among others.
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, Amazon and small business credit at Square, Goldman Sachs, among others. We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
In this role, you will:
- Own the customer relationship for their first 30 days which includes account activation, weekly check-ins, and troubleshooting product-related bugs.
- Perform 1:1 onboarding calls and educate customers to foster brand loyalty and increase retention.
- Experiment with new workflows and provide ongoing feedback to improve the onboarding process.
- Gain a deep understanding for the types of customers who are signing up and how we can adjust the product and user experience to match their needs.
- Investigate tools that will make your job easier.
- Write clear documentation on current processes and help train future teammates.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 1+ years of experience in onboarding, customer success, sales development or account management roles.
- Comfortable in a high volume outbound/inbound calling role to onboard hundreds of customers per month.
- Has exceptional Excel / Data management skills.
- Has excellent consultative skills with experience in guiding customer's journey.
- Tech-savvy and can navigate internal tools quickly (Hubspot, Intercom, Slack, Google Suite)
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience is a plus.
- Technology industry and startup experience is a plus.
Comp : We’re offering early team equity to each role. Salary is negotiable. We are remote-first but do require you to live in USA or Canada. Open to US work visa sponsorship. We can setup a multi-round interview process or start on a contract basis in the next 1-2 weeks and if we see a mutual fit, we’ll offer a full-time founding role.
Benefits : We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401 (K) match.
Why you should join AtoB
Stripe for Transportation.