Head of Talent at AtoB
About the role
AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. We aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. We do this because our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
More about us
We have raised over $25 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, Amazon, DoorDash, Square, McKinsey, Facebook, Salesforce, and Goldman Sachs among others. We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
In this role, you will:
- Partner with AtoB leaders to design, build, and execute a strategic hiring plan to attract the best talent to join our fast-growing team
- Lead, manage and mentor a growing recruiting team
- Enable team members to identify the best candidates by continue to improve our interview processes, educating people about Talent Acquisition best practices, and enabling hiring managers to ensure a fair and equitable recruiting experience for all
- Advise business stakeholders on addressable talent markets, conduct talent pool analysis and build, and organize talent research
- Define and deliver on the AtoB candidate experience from initial outreach to interviews to onboarding; ensure that all candidates speak highly of their experience
- Establish key metrics to assess pipeline and talent acquisition effectiveness including D&I program impact, talent team engagement, candidate experience, and hiring effectiveness
- Manage external agencies and vendors as necessary
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has been a Head of Talent at a fast-growing software technology company before, or have had comparable experiences
- Has 6+ years of experience recruiting for a variety of roles, and have helped scale a company from ~50 people to hypergrowth (~300+) people
- Is an independent worker with an ownership mindset. You understand what excellence in talent looks like, and are able to build systems to consistently find, vet, and close that talent over time
- Has high standards of yourself and others - you believe in building things that scale and holding a bar that can be an example internally and externally for the company we hope to become
- Is highly creative and strategic. You're able to effectively communicate this strategy and ideas to your talent team and the broader AtoB team
- Is a leader. You inspire and empower others to be their best selves and collaborate effectively towards shared goals
- Possesses a high level of empathy and can drive a great hiring experience, both for potential candidates and for hiring managers
- Is interested in talent management beyond recruiting, and would like to be involved in defining and implementing how our employee experience will attract and energize the best talent
- Bonus: You've worked at a startup before and love the tight-knit, fast-paced nature of startup work
- Salary is negotiable.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
Why you should join AtoB
Stripe for Transportation.