Head of Risk at AtoB
About the role
AtoB (atob.com) is building Stripe for Transportation -- modernizing payments in the trucking industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup working in a huge industry with over a trillion dollars in transaction flow. Trucking is the backbone of the American economy and we have identified opportunities to replace the broken payments infrastructure & help small businesses.
We have raised over $25 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Mark Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and ESG funds such as Climate Capital, Human Capital, Leadout among others.
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, Amazon, DoorDash, Square, McKinsey, Facebook, and Goldman Sachs among others. We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
In this role, you will:
- Defining key risk indicators and metrics and leading informed strategic and operational decisions to measure and manage AtoB's risk profile across operations, credit, fraud, and compliance risk
- Designing and launching risk management processes as we onboard new customers, launch new products, and enter new markets
- Building and sustaining a world-class team of risk managers and risk analysts who act as the front-line of defense for managing risk at AtoB
- Collaborating closely with other functions including Sales, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Customer Support & Success to identify risk exposure, develop internal tools for risk management, and communicate decisions to the business and to our customer base
- Developing relationships with external stakeholders to manage compliance, credit bureau reporting, KYB and fraud vendors, and other risk-related partnerships
We’re looking for someone who:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in risk management, risk operations, and/or fraud
- Experience scaling a risk function or team at a high-growth fintech start-up, including hiring and managing a team of risk managers and analysts
- Experience with small business credit, KYB requirements, business payments, and/or card products
- Technology industry and startup experience focused on SMB is a plus.
- Data analysis skills, including experience with SQL
Apply directly at Work at a Startup or check our careers page at careers.atob.com/ Thanks!
Why you should join AtoB
Stripe for Transportation.