Lead Product Designer at AtoB
About the role
The Why: Our mission
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base (especially those of smaller companies).
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. We aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. We do this because our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
More about us
We have raised over $25 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, engineering at Amazon, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, working on small business credit at Square & Goldman Sachs, among others. We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
The What: Your role & responsibilities
Our flagship product is a first-of-its-kind fuel card, which customers access through their AtoB account portals. Our roadmap entails several other payment tools — all satisfying unique niches in the logistics & transport biz. As Founding Product Designer, you will act as a partner to our Engineering Team in the redesign of our existing UX and the development of our new ones.
This will entail:
- Deeply understanding the unique needs, values, and preferences of our customers (they're not like those of typical consumers or enterprise clients!)
- Owning the UI and UX product design process, end-to-end: you'll interview users, produce wireframes, and conduct usability tests
- Helping to build out the team, as needed
- Collaborating intimately with other members of our team (we're still a small start-up; we all wear a lot of hats!)
You'll work on:
- Updating the UX/UI of our existing fuel card account portal — it's functional for now, but has huge room for improvement
- Starting from a blank canvas for our upcoming payroll tool — where accessibility and trustworthiness are going to be absolutely essential
The Who: Your skills & traits
- You enjoy the challenge of building for accessibility. Our customers don't have the time or bandwidth to think too much about their payments; we want to make it so that they don't have to. Many of them are not digital natives. We would like to give our customers an experience unprecedented in delight and ease.
- You balance strong opinions with a team-first attitude. We're looking for someone who comes with and articulates a clear point of view — and who has the savvy to integrate that vision with that of the team.
- You may be a perfectionist, but you're also practical. Both our customers and our team are scrappy. We prefer to ship quickly and iterate over getting things pixel-perfect before launch. (Though let's get to that pixel-perfect standard, eventually!)
- You're excited about collaborating closely with both the Customer Success and Engineering teams. Our people are AtoB's greatest asset. You'll appreciate that those in the frontlines — our Customer Success and Customer Support staff — often understand our users' daily needs best. You're also capable of building strong relationships with engineers, working together towards a common Product vision.
This part is easy. We're a remote-first team — you can be wherever you want 😊.
We're offering a competitive salary, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO (which you'll be encouraged to take!), and equity.
Why you should join AtoB
Stripe for Transportation.