About the role
At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery, and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, and other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $175M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
You should think about joining us if you care about enabling the application of machine learning to essential problems. For example, we are not constrained by latency or uptime but by scaling and parallelization. Today we can analyze more than 1 billion molecules per day, but there are about 10^24 synthetically-accessible molecules. Come help us pick up a couple of orders-of-magnitude.
A majority of the company has a background in the sciences, which contributes to a collaborative academic-like culture that fosters scientific and technical discussion. We strongly believe that data wins over opinions, and aim for as little dogma as possible in our decision making. Our team members have expertise in a wide range of disciplines--from computational chemistry and structural biology to cloud-native best practices--and we regularly have internal seminars open to anyone interested in learning about these topics.
Our Engineering team is small and growing quickly. As a result, there are plenty of opportunities for career growth and to have a significant impact on our success.
- Have the opportunity to learn and improve how we run machine learning at scale to deliver new drugs.
- Help improve cloud-based solutions consisting of 500+ CPU and GPU instances in a dynamic scaling environment.
- Foster high-quality and adaptable systems and software using engineering and Agile best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of industry systems engineering experience.
- High proficiency with the Linux command-line environment and Linux systems administration.
- Experience writing infrastructure-as-code (e.g.Terraform or Ansible).
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience deploying containerized batch computing workloads or microservices (e.g., Docker).
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD systems.
- Experience managing and administering servers and infrastructure in AWS.
- Background in Biology or a related field.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Strong emphasis on collaborative learning and career development
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Atomwise is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Why you should join Atomwise
Atomwise Inc. patented the first deep learning technology for structure-based small molecule drug discovery. This AI technology harnesses millions of data points and thousands of protein structures to solve problems that a human chemist would take many lifetimes to solve. Atomwise has partnered with some of the world's largest pharmaceutical and agtech companies and with more than 100 leading academic institutions and hospitals, to tackle the challenges of discovering and developing better drugs and agrochemicals. Atomwise has raised over $50 million from leading venture capital firms to support the development and application of its AI technology.