Software Engineer at Avenue
About the role
Avenue is hiring early full-stack engineers in New York to help scale the next generation of ops-driven companies.
Avenue is building a command center for operation teams (think Sentry/PagerDuty but for ops). We sit on top of a companies database or data warehouse and send alerts and create incidents based on business events that customers configure on our tool.
We're a well-funded seed-stage company backed by Y Combinator, Lachy Groom, and many other great partners.
- As an early team member, you will get a chance to set the foundations of our engineering culture. You will help articulate our engineering principles and help set the long-term roadmap.
- Making decisions on the evolution of Avenue's technical architecture
- Building new features end to end, from talking to customers to writing code
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 3+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Experience building full-stack web apps (you've owned & built features from start to finish before)
- Extensive knowledge of Typescript, React, and Node.js
- Product-minded. You have a sense for great user experience and feel for when something is off. You love talking to customers and building for them.
- Get a lot done. You enjoy all aspects of building a product and are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary. You problem solve independently and enjoy figuring stuff out.
- High conviction. When you commit to something, you're in all the way. You're opinionated, but you know when to disagree and commit. Mediocrity is the worst of all possible outcomes.
Why you should join Avenue
Avenue is building the control center for operations. We're on a mission to scale the next generation of ops-driven companies. Our customers trust Avenue to monitor and activate their teams, and we work tirelessly to build great products that do just that.
We believe operators are the glue between the product that companies build and the actual service they deliver. Ops teams are thrown into messy, loosely-defined problems and act as front-line firefighters. The tools that exist to manage their work are either reactive, inflexible, or stale. They resolve to rotating schedules of dashboard-sweeps to catch important moments and reference poorly-maintained Google Docs for process management.
We're a hard-working and passionate team with experience at Uber, Amazon, Google, Bridgewater and Apple and are looking for new members who love building product, want to work hard, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of our organization.