UX/UI Designer at Bankjoy
About the role
Despite our name, Bankjoy is not a bank! We are a silicon valley backed FinTech going through significant growth. We are on track to 20x revenue over 3 years and grow our team from 7 to 100. Check out our investors Y Combinator and Bessemer Venture Partners and the impressive list of companies they have invested in! We are changing the way community banks and credit unions do business, enabling them to become tech-driven and digital first. Bankjoy provides modern digital banking products including mobile banking, online banking, online account opening, loan origination, and conversational AI. Our mission is to revolutionize banking tech infrastructure by leading digital transformation at financial institutions — big and small.
The UX/UI Designer will own the end to end user experience of Bankjoy’s suite of banking tools. You’ll be an early member of the product team, and work closely with product managers to identify opportunities and define new solutions.
In this role, you will have input into every phase of product design, from research and ideation through implementation and release. Because user experience is critical to our long term competitiveness, you will have broad exposure across product lines and stakeholders. And as Bankjoy continues to scale, you’ll inform how the product organization grows as well.
In this role, you will:
- Design beautiful, easy-to-use products that solve real user problems
- Work across entire product design lifecycle, including user research, ideation, wireframes, interaction workflows, high-fidelity mockups, and supporting front-end developers
- Collaborate with product managers to define new solutions and create elegant user experiences through an iterative process of design feedback
- Enable our engineering team with templates, components, systems that can be readily implemented
- Working across products and white-labeled customer deployments to provide a consistent Bankjoy user experience
What you bring:
- 4+ years working in web and mobile design ideally at software companies
- A degree in design or related field, or an equivalent amount of work experience.
- Ability to work across the design stack, including UI/UX, visual, and interaction design
- Passion about all things design, demonstrated through hobbies, organization memberships, or community activity
- Able to create high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience working alongside product managers and engineers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead user or customer interviews
- Understand lean, agile, dev processes, and familiarity with front-end development techniques
- Experience working in a startup environment or in fintech is a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Stock options at a well-funded startup in high growth
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Performance-based bonuses
- Remote first culture
Equal Employment Opportunities at Bankjoy
Bankjoy is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Bankjoy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Why you should join Bankjoy
About Bankjoy Bankjoy is a Y Combinator-backed FinTech startup. We are changing the way Credit Unions and Community Banks do business and enable them to become tech-driven and digital first. Bankjoy delivers modern banking technology, including mobile banking, online banking, e-statements, online account opening, loan origination, and conversational AI to credit unions and community banks. We are among the fastest growing digital banking providers in the market. Our mission is to revolutionize American banking infrastructure by leading digital transformation at credit unions and community banks.