Technical Support Engineer
About the role
Despite our name, Bankjoy is not a bank! We are a silicon valley backed FinTech going through significant growth. We are on track to 20x revenue over 3 years and grow our team from 7 to 100. Check out our investors Y Combinator and Bessemer Venture Partners and the impressive list of companies they have invested in! We are changing the way community banks and credit unions do business, enabling them to become tech-driven and digital first. Bankjoy provides modern digital banking products including mobile banking, online banking, online account opening, loan origination, and conversational AI. Our mission is to revolutionize banking tech infrastructure by leading digital transformation at financial institutions — big and small.
You’ll work closely across Customer Success and Implementation teams to be the primary technical face of the company to our customers. This is a true cross-functional role and the best way to get involved across the organization. You’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our products so that you can triage any technical support inquiries and consult our customers on best practices.
In this role, you will:
- Be front line to take customer incoming support calls and gather info using probing questions.
- Educate our customers on the use of the platform
- Reproduce issues and dive into our stack to determine the root cause
- Collect detailed info and pass over to engineering team
- Build out technical documentation and knowledge based articles for our platform
- Drive product conversations based on needs and problems learned during client interactions
- Work across Engineering, Sales, Product and Customer Success to understand problems and architect solutions
- Familiar with SQL, can dive into the logs and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor production environment downtime and engage engineering team as necessary
- Provide frequent statuses to customers while support tickets are worked on.
- Light scripting and programming tasks as assigned.
- Have a basic understanding of our business objectives and how the program delivers them
What you bring:
- 5+ years professional work experience as a Solutions Engineer, QA Engineer, Test Engineer or Software Engineer
- Required SQL experience (education or work experience)
- Curiosity and strong drive to troubleshoot issues and help clients
- Experience at a startup or financial technology firm
- Experience with Zendesk
- You are personable, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and are eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with banking or credit union space is a huge plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Stock options at a well-funded startup in high growth
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Performance-based bonuses
- Remote first culture
Equal Employment Opportunities at Bankjoy
Bankjoy is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Bankjoy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Why you should join Bankjoy
About Bankjoy Bankjoy is a Y Combinator-backed FinTech startup. We are changing the way Credit Unions and Community Banks do business and enable them to become tech-driven and digital first. Bankjoy delivers modern banking technology, including mobile banking, online banking, e-statements, online account opening, loan origination, and conversational AI to credit unions and community banks. We are among the fastest growing digital banking providers in the market. Our mission is to revolutionize American banking infrastructure by leading digital transformation at credit unions and community banks.