Director of Operations - Support & Implementations! at Bankjoy
About the role
Despite our name, Bankjoy is not a bank! We are a silicon valley backed FinTech going through significant growth. We are on track to 20x revenue over 3 years and grow our team from 7 to 100. Check out our investors Y Combinator and Bessemer Venture Partners and the impressive list of companies they have invested in! We are changing the way community banks and credit unions do business, enabling them to become tech-driven and digital first. Bankjoy provides modern digital banking products including mobile banking, online banking, online account opening, loan origination, and conversational AI. Our mission is to revolutionize banking tech infrastructure by leading digital transformation at financial institutions — big and small.
Bankjoy is looking for an operations leader to directly impact the success of our operations team and ability to scale as a company. We know that our ability to deliver an incredible experience relies heavily on our customer service.
In this role, you will:
- Lead day-to-day business operations, and the development and execution of critical, cross-functional initiatives
- Coach and lead customer implementation and customer/technical support team members
- Collaborate with leaders across Engineering, Product, Sales, People and Marketing on efforts to impact business outcomes.
- Review and report on performance against operating metrics and expectations regularly to increase efficiencies, deliver on OKRs, drive down costs.
- Communicate needs and priorities of operations to internal stakeholders and share out progress
- Enable a prioritization framework to ensure teams are working on the right problems to accomplish business outcomes and make explicit decisions on tradeoffs or work to pause; use this exercise to allocate headcount resources effectively against our priorities.
- Drive the execution of cross-functional programs, influencing for consensus where needed, clearing roadblocks, and making success predictable.
- Stand up and lead all aspects of our team’s roadmap and portfolio program, utilizing best in class program management tools and processes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging teams to share and build on each other’s ideas, while being transparent about lessons learned from mistakes.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of cross-functional leadership and management experience in progressively more challenging roles; prior experience leading project / program management teams or related experience in Fintech with strong program management skills.
- Ability to traverse the organization, building healthy relationships regardless of role or level.
- Strong communicator who can steer collaborative decisions and partnership across all areas of the business.
- Experience leading teams through change by helping people understand the purpose and the role they play, as well as rallying them behind the cause.
- Adept at seeing “the big picture”, and the ability to create a successful execution plan that brings multiple partners and teams together.
- Able to wade through ambiguity to move teams forward, leaning on a bias toward action and re-calibrating approach as more information is available.
- Experience bringing simplification and automation to operations, enabling future growth through economies of scale.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Stock options at a well-funded startup in high growth
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Performance-based bonuses
- Remote first culture
Equal Employment Opportunities at Bankjoy
Bankjoy is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Bankjoy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Why you should join Bankjoy
About Bankjoy Bankjoy is a Y Combinator-backed FinTech startup. We are changing the way Credit Unions and Community Banks do business and enable them to become tech-driven and digital first. Bankjoy delivers modern banking technology, including mobile banking, online banking, e-statements, online account opening, loan origination, and conversational AI to credit unions and community banks. We are among the fastest growing digital banking providers in the market. Our mission is to revolutionize American banking infrastructure by leading digital transformation at credit unions and community banks.