Growth Engineer at Basis
About the role
For more about us - www.getbasis.com
What working with us is like
We're currently a remote team with a HQ in San Francisco and a small team throughout the world. We will always have a remote culture and will hire talented people regardless of location, but we prefer candidates in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate.
What we're looking for
- A developer or data scientist with a growth product mindset
- 3+ years experience implementing scalable growth programs for tech companies
- A knack for knowing how to use data to solve business problems - from data collection to insight to solution implementation
- Knows the market. You can empathize with all of the ways different personas interact with data. From solo-preneurs operating Zapier Zaps to enterprise Snowflake instances
- Knowing what, how, and when to implement predictive analytics
- Someone with creative pursuits, bloggers, academics, aspiring data journalists, open-source contributors
- Master level Python + SQL
- Solve industry data problems problems at scale by building use cases for the Basis ecosystem
- Product - contribute to core product discussion and help drive our roadmap. Suggest product feature to help with distribution and growth.
- Community - help us prioritize our community strategy. Be an active participate in data science forums, contribute to our own Slack/Reddit/Discord etc.
- Customers - Interact with customers, learn their problems, implement solutions for them in Basis
- Blogging + Content + SEO
- Help establish Basis as an authoritative analytics company.
- Contribute to our blog with engaging technical content covering a variety of subjects, such as — describing a use case for Basis, an analysis of an open dataset, an explanation of a new data partners capabilities, etc.
- Help with performance tracking and technical implementation
What we can offer
- As an early hire, a substantial equity package
- Competitive cash pay
- All of the standard benefits
Why you should join Basis
Basis is a platform for building end-to-end data pipelines ridiculously fast — everything from ingestion to ETL, machine learning, automation, and reverse ETL in a unified framework with no data engineering required.
Data tools on the market today are all about managing your data as exhaust. We're building Basis for a new era where businesses use data as fuel for their operations — embracing both analytical and operational paradigms in a single product.
Nearly all companies today operate on the same SaaS platforms with common schemas, and are trying to solve the same data problems — we're uniquely positioned to win in a new market of cloneable end-to-end data solutions!
We're industry veterans who have built production data solutions at Google, Square, and our previous startups, and we're going after the +$100B business automation market with a data-driven, API-first product that gives data developers superpowers.