We’re developing a new category of health product and looking for our very first hire! Join us as we help measure and manage inflammation levels.
We are looking for an experienced and product-minded full stack engineer to join our small team as our very first hire. You’ll work directly with the two founders to shape the direction of Be Golden. You’ll develop user experiences, via our web-based application, that help customers understand how their lifestyle impacts their insides, as well as develop novel data-based insights about biomarkers and lifestyle choices.
What You’ll Do
- Have the opportunity to own the front-end of the product and set the direction of large portions of the consumer health product
- Play a vital role in the development and direction of this first-of-its-kind consumer health company by contributing to key company decisions and product roadmapping
- Work across the full stack, with emphasis on the front-end, to build a novel product that helps customers optimize their inflammation levels
- Create intuitive user interfaces that help customers understand and improve new aspects of their health
- Ensure the product maintains a high bar for security, privacy, reliability, performance and code quality
- Establish continuous deployment of automated build, test and release pipelines
- Create API integrations with third parties, such as lab tests and activity tracking
- Take an entrepreneurial mentality to identify new opportunities
- Have a front row seat to a fast growing, early stage YC company
- Work directly with the founders, who have experience building consumer health products at 23andMe and helping build the healthcare personalization domain at McKinsey
- You’re excited about the massive impact of helping manage inflammation levels
- You’re a product-minded engineer excited about building creative, unique digital health products that delight users
- You are customer obsessed. You enjoy interacting with customers and building products people love
- You are excited about iterating quickly and solving complex problems in a rapidly changing environment of a small start-up
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications
- You thrive in the flexibility of a remote working environment and have strong communication skills
- You love learning quickly and are excited to try out new technologies
- You enjoy building in a small, close-knit team with no bureaucracy
- You like flexing your creative muscles and imagining the world in a new way
For more information about inflammation, see: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-019-0675-0
Be Golden is an early stage, YC-backed, female-founded health tech start-up that helps people measure and manage their inflammation levels. Chronic inflammation impacts a variety of health issues from IVF failure, to IBS, to cancer and heart disease. This is a great opportunity to get in at the ground floor and build out a new category of health tech product.
If you are a builder excited about creating delightful and unique digital health experiences, come join us!
How the product works
Customers use at home finger prick blood testing and a digital platform to help manage inflammation levels via lifestyle choices. We are building out a web application to help people track their biomarkers and activity data to lower their inflammation levels and improve their health.