Sales Manager at Belvo
About the role
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo - while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
- Own channel initiatives and processes to drive sales and client growth in Spanish-speaking markets.
- Develop, monitor and train a team of BDRs and AEs as well as recruit new team members.
- Establish data-driven strategies to achieve sales goals related to customer signings and ACV bookings.
- Assist the team in the closing of key partnerships and accounts via demos, troubleshooting calls, and in-person visits.
- Master Belvo’s product and platform and be an expert resource on Belvo's current and future product offerings.
- Work closely with our Product, Marketing, Customer Success and SalesOps teams to ensure proper alignment in terms of market and client needs.
This position may be for you if:
- Proven track-record of success in a sales and/or business development leadership position managing a team of BDR's and AE's
- 4+ years of experience in a sales or client-facing role
- Passion for fintech and deep understanding of the Latam fintech and financial sector
- Past experience at a high-growth startup
- Willingness to solve challenging problems in cross-functional teams
- You are a hustler that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Team player, ready to make passes when needed but can also make a big play if the situation calls for it, we do what it takes to win as a team
- Demonstrated capacity to make data-informed decisions
- Extremely high attention to detail and methodical in how you work
- You are a captivating, engaging and inspirational communicator
- You have international experience and thrive in a multicultural environment
- You are humble, low ego and enjoy working with a diverse group of people
- You have excellent written and spoken abilities in English and Spanish
- You have sold developer tool and API-first products
- Technical background with a degree in Engineering
- You are fluent in Portuguese
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us) 🔆 Flexible working hours 🔝 Remote friendly 🐶 Pet friendly 🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service 👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance 🎊 Paid time off on your birthday 🌎 Work from any office twice per year 💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years 🙋 Training Budget 😎 Team building events 🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month 🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends 🚀 Yearly offsite 🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee 🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
Why you should join Belvo
Belvo is a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information, through one easy-to-use API. Think Plaid for Latam.