A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latam financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City and São Paulo and and the majority of the tech team works remotly.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator.
The data team at Belvo is building services that connect companies and users with their financial and fiscal data. We use technology as a way to democratize access to allow the integration with financial and non-financial institutions.
We retrieve, normalize, and store information from a wide spectrum of data sources, putting our focus on operational efficiency, performance and reliability. This is a role that requires a strong understanding of networking protocols and event-driven programming.
- Perform network traffic analysis and infer implicit API's from web and mobile applications.
- Understand and be able to reverse engineer authentication processes both in web and mobile applications.
- Have a very good understanding of scraping techniques and how to analyze crawling processes.
- Build parsing and normalization solutions for multiple data sources.
- Stay on top of reliability and data quality by implementing automated quality assurance and monitoring solutions.
You can be part of the gang if:
- 3+ years of experience as a Developer, even better if with Python
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting, and processing data (e.g. Scrapy, Puppeteer, BeautifulSoup, etc.) - the more programmatic and raw techniques you know the better
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- You have mobile scraping expertise (APK decompilation, code analysis and replication, etc.)
- Asynchronous programming experience with Python`s asyncio
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings