Senior DevOps Engineer at Belvo
About the role
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latin America that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo and a large portion of us work remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
The infrastructure & security team is responsible for running Belvo’s platform in a secure, highly available & scalable manner. Our customers rely on us to run their financial operations, and we hold ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to building and running infrastructure.
We apply sound engineering principles, mature automation and operational discipline to run our production system smoothly.
- Run our infrastructure on top of tools technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Smoothly operate AWS managed service. We prefer to leverage existing industry standards and tools, to focus on our business problems
- Run monitoring and alerting systems proactively. Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages
- Be on an on-call rotation for our production infrastructure.
- Improve our deployment processes to be faster and more flexible. Empower product development teams to run autonomously.
- Collaborate on the implementation of compliance and regulatory projects
- Collaborate with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap items to balance infrastructure and business needs
- Plan for rapid growth
You can be part of the gang if:
- 5+ years of experience running highly available, secure production systems
- Deep technical understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Deep technical understanding of Kubernetes
- Willingness to solve challenging problems
- Programming skills in Python
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
Why you should join Belvo
Belvo is a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information, through one easy-to-use API. Think Plaid for Latam.