QA Engineer at Belvo
About the role
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latam financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate, and driven team. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo and the majority of the tech team works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
This is our first QA engineering hire at Belvo. As such, this role will be largely in charge of shaping the way we do QA. We're looking for an experienced individual able to define processes from the ground up and scale them as the company grows. We're a developer-oriented, API-first company. QA at Belvo will entail working with APIs, SDKs, libraries, and other infrastructure and integration-oriented software.
- Define the QA process to launch new services and features. Advocate and measure the QA process adoption, train fellow engineers, and look after the effectiveness of their implementation.
- Define quality acceptance criteria for our release processes.
- Lead and implement the testing roadmap to optimize the testing automation capabilities.
- Design, write, and coordinate the development and execution of automated QA processes in collaboration with the larger engineering team.
- Coordinate and develop regression testing when bugs are resolved, in collaboration with the larger engineering team.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
You can be part of the gang if:
- Have 3+ years of relevant QA experience in a developer-focused company.
- You have a strong technical background. You’re able to develop autonomously any code needed to configure a test harness, connect with third-party tools and services, and implement full-on testing automation suites.
- You know your way around one or more programming languages.
- You are familiar with Docker.
- You have worked in a fast-paced or startup environment working with Agile methodologies.
- You are familiar with the use of modern source control and CI/CD.
- You have experience configuring testing pipelines, using third-party services if necessary.
- You have experience building automated tests on distributed architectures.
- Have a user-first attitude and analyze data to make sure our product meets the client's requirements.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services
- Experience testing documentation
- Python experience
- You have knowledge about performance testing
Our tech stack:
- We're building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python's asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
- You have knowledge about performance testing
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
Why you should join Belvo
Belvo is a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information, through one easy-to-use API. Think Plaid for Latam.