Senior Recruiter (Technical) at Benepass
About the role
Who We Are
Benepass is remote-first team making benefits magical. At Benepass, we believe that the future of employer benefits is flexibility.
Benepass supports thousands of global employees in 30 countries and counting. We’re backed by leading VCs including Gradient (Google’s AI venture fund) and Y Combinator, and amazing angels like Aaron Levie (Box) and Jake Schwartz (General Assembly).
Today, Benepass is in a period of hypergrowth. We’re looking for leaders to help us scale and bring our vision of flexible, employee-directed benefits to millions of people around the world.
Our Value Proposition
We help companies and people teams as they transition to modern, employee-directed benefits.
- Before Benepass (BB). Before Benepass, people teams had to pick and choose vendors within benefit categories, negotiate individual deals, and manage an ever expanding portfolio of vendors.
- Hello, World. With Benepass, people teams no longer have to choose individual vendors for their employees. By offering infinite vendor selection within defined categories, companies can meet the benefits needs of diverse, global workforces.
We support employees with a modern, flexible way to use benefits in the areas that matter most.
- Freedom to Choose. With the swipe of our credit card or mobile wallet, employees spend their benefits in the areas that matter most to them and their families.
Senior Recruiter (Technical)
As Benepass’s first full-time recruiter reporting to our CEO and cofounder, you will play a critical role not only in helping Benepass hit its near term hiring objectives, but in laying the foundation for the recruiting function that will drive Benepass’s growth for years to come.
Your core initial responsibility will be filling high priority roles across our organization with a focus on our engineering and product organizations. Additionally, as the first member of the team, you may manage external agencies, help instrument and improve systems and tools, work on projects to improve our employer brand and generate inbound, and work with our CEO and leadership to create a world-class recruiting culture at Benepass.
Skills & Experience
We consider candidates holistically; the qualifications below are not hard and fast rules. If you’re interested in the role, apply!
- 3-5+ years in recruiting tech startups in-house or with an agency with 2+ years of technical recruiting experience
- Passionate about candidate experience. As Benepass’s first recruiter, you will set the tone for the organization that will be built around you. You go the extra mile for candidates, especially those that aren’t a fit for our organization at the moment.
- Experienced and opinionated. You bring a point of view to our hiring managers on elements of an effective interview, interview design, and running effective hiring processes.
- Excited to work in a startup environment. You find and solve problems that others haven’t seen yet. You love to move quickly, can create systems and processes from scratch, and enjoy working with a crazy passionate team of coworkers.
- Great at generating excitement. When candidates speak with you in phone screens, they get off the phone and tell their friends about the great company they just spoke with. When you make offers, you close them.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation for a seed stage startup
- 95% coverage of medical, dental, and vision
- Benepass benefits, including $500 WFH setup, $150/month cell phone + internet, $100/month Wellness
- Work wherever you want (though we ask you to work in a US time zone)
- Flexible PTO
- Startup magic with a highly collaborative, effective group that's obsessed with serving our customers
Why you should join Benepass
Benepass (YC W20) helps companies take care of their people; employees get a single card for all of their benefits, paired with a friendly and intuitive mobile app. Our product makes it easy for employees to save on essentials (like child- and healthcare) and to enjoy their company’s perks (think work from home setups, fitness memberships, and free lunch) especially in a remote-first world. We also automate away tons of manual work that companies usually have to do to manage benefits.
Our investors include Gradient Ventures, Y Combinator, and awesome angels like Aaron Levie of Box.
HUGE OPPORTUNITY + HARD PROBLEMS
Benepass is using modern software, automation, and a great UX to transform the $30+ billion benefits industry. We’re displacing incumbents running on manual processes and legacy technology, like fax, checks in the mail, and artisanal CSVs.
To do that at scale, we need to solve hard technical problems involving payments, security, integrations, NLP, nightmarishly complex and ever changing rules, automation, and a whole lot more. We also have to deliver an incredible user experience through our web and mobile apps.
We know we’re on to something here: In the past year, we’ve grown to cover thousands of lives and signed big customers who are household names. We've found product-market fit and we’re growing at breakneck speed.
In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons to work here is the team you’ll be joining. I love that I get to work with a team who are not only smart and super capable, but are also really friendly and genuinely care about each other.
Background-wise, we run the gamut, from Wall Street to Google & Facebook to barbershops and professional sports.
(Also, nerd sniping each other is the company sport. Frequent topics include robotics, AI, synthetic biology, dev tools, rockets, WSB, cryptography, and our pets.)