Software Engineer (Frontend)
About the role
Benepass is growing quickly and we’re looking for experienced frontend engineers to help us build and ship new app features and deliver a world class user experience. In addition, you’ll help us craft best in class internal tools to ensure that our ops team can scale as we grow the business.
In this role, you’ll join our frontend engineering team and work closely with our designers as well as our backend engineering team. You’ll ship new features for our apps, build out a common base for shared logic between them and work to ensure high code quality and test coverage in our frontends.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Be familiar with GraphQL, the node ecosystem, and clientside best practices
- Write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Be comfortable writing native iOS & Android code as needed
- Have experience working with UI and UX designers
- Have broad technical knowledge and learn new topics quickly
- Be comfortable diving into the weeds of our business to inform what we build
- Thrive in fast-paced environments with a high degree of autonomy
- Be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
That said, we’re ultimately looking for people who’ll be awesome to work with rather than strictly hewing to the above, so if you’re not an exact match but still think you might be good at the job, please do apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation + equity
- 95% coverage of medical, dental, and vision
- Fantastic benefits (of course 😃), including:
- $500 WFH setup
- $150/month cell phone + internet
- $100/month Wellness
- Flexible PTO
- Work from anywhere (during standard US business hours)
Why you should join Benepass
Benepass (YC W20) helps companies take care of their people; employees get a single card for all of their benefits, paired with a friendly and intuitive mobile app. Our product makes it easy for employees to save on essentials (like child- and healthcare) and to enjoy their company’s perks (think work from home setups, fitness memberships, and free lunch) especially in a remote-first world. We also automate away tons of manual work that companies usually have to do to manage benefits.
Our investors include Gradient Ventures, Y Combinator, and awesome angels like Aaron Levie of Box.
HUGE OPPORTUNITY + HARD PROBLEMS
Benepass is using modern software, automation, and a great UX to transform the $30+ billion benefits industry. We’re displacing incumbents running on manual processes and legacy technology, like fax, checks in the mail, and artisanal CSVs.
To do that at scale, we need to solve hard technical problems involving payments, security, integrations, NLP, nightmarishly complex and ever changing rules, automation, and a whole lot more. We also have to deliver an incredible user experience through our web and mobile apps.
We know we’re on to something here: In the past year, we’ve grown to cover thousands of lives and signed big customers who are household names. We've found product-market fit and we’re growing at breakneck speed.
In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons to work here is the team you’ll be joining. I love that I get to work with a team who are not only smart and super capable, but are also really friendly and genuinely care about each other.
Background-wise, we run the gamut, from Wall Street to Google & Facebook to barbershops and professional sports.
(Also, nerd sniping each other is the company sport. Frequent topics include robotics, AI, synthetic biology, dev tools, rockets, WSB, cryptography, and our pets.)